Hypertherm ArcGlide THC

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Cotton
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Hypertherm ArcGlide THC

Post by Cotton »

My question is for Jim Colt or anyone who can answer my question. We have a controller from Promotion Controls, Arc Glide THC, HPR260XD, and a PlatePro Extreme table. My question is when we power down at the end of the day the Display Screen on the THC where you select your voltage, cut height, etc.. stays on. I know this will eventually burn out the screen being on all the time so what is the correct power down procedure for shuting this component down of the Arc Glide THC other than just unplugging it. Thanks for your help!
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm ArcGlide THC

Post by jimcolt »

Sounds like you have a Koike cutting machine. Normally when you purchase one of these machines the torch height control is wired to power down when the machine is powered down.....it should be getting its power from the Koike control panel. First....I would not worry about the screen burning out for 20 years or so.....but if you want it to shut down you should contact Koike's tech service and ask them if there are any simple changes that can be made to power it down.

The HMI module that you are referring to is normally connected to 120 volt machine power.....so that when the machine master switch is shut off...it will power down as well.

Jim Colt Hypertherrm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”