For Jim Colt,Marking

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Cotton
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

For Jim Colt,Marking

Post by Cotton »

Hi Jim I have been going pulling my hair out trying to figure out why are machine will not mark. Promotion Controls said to get in contact with you as it doesn't appear to be a CNC issue. Please PM me with a contact number so we can discuss, we have an HPR260 XD. Thanks!
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: For Jim Colt,Marking

Post by jimcolt »

The HPR260xd will mark.....however if you are doing it using the auto gas console...the CNC control must be properly set up to auto switch from marking to cutting. My contact number is at my Hypertherm office...1 603 643 3441 x 1252.....but I am not the best person to help....you should contact the company that you purchased the machine from (you don't mention the make) to help you get the marking process configured so it will work.

The HPR260xd (if equipped with auto gas) can automatically switch from marking at low amperage (less than 15) to cutting (at up to 260 amps) in as little as 2.4 seconds. The marking process uses Argon as the plasma gas....the cutting process uses oxygen and air as a shield gas for steel cutting.

Give me a call and I'll steer you in the right direction to get your issue resolved.

Jim Colt

Cotton wrote:Hi Jim I have been going pulling my hair out trying to figure out why are machine will not mark. Promotion Controls said to get in contact with you as it doesn't appear to be a CNC issue. Please PM me with a contact number so we can discuss, we have an HPR260 XD. Thanks!

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”