Cattle Trailer

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
scottlane
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Cattle Trailer

Post by scottlane »

This is my first file posted to this forum. Everyone has been good about posting and sharing so I though I would do the same.

What I have posted is a jpg of the full size cattle trailer that I have drawn from for this dxf. My eyes are still crossed placing all of the ovals and cutouts from the trailer in my cad program. I use Designcad 3d to draw and export to dxf. The DXF will need to be scaled back for your particular use. This file is full scale of 552 units or inches which is equal to 46 feet.

My particular needs are to scale my file back to 1:8 scale. I build and operate a 1:8 scale railroad and accessories. I have always wanted to build a scale cattle truck for my railroad. I currently have two semi-trailers on the same scale.

This dxf is for the side panel only. The front and back of the trailers are usually easy to build and cut out with your particular needs and dimensions.

Be warned. I did scale the dxf back to 1:8 and ran the file with Sheetcam. The compiled file to g code ran fine and there are 1042 cuts. Lots of cuts on a small scale. One might want to cut out the oval holes and the body and then set up and drill the rest of the holes. However you want to do it.

If you can use this that would be great. Just wanted to give back. If you find a problem with the file let me know and I will try and fix it.

Have a great weekend.
Scott Buckles :roll:

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Loyd
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cattle Trailer

Post by Loyd »

I remember riding in those things.....Marines use them....nice....
Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
hdfaster

Post by hdfaster »

Hey Loyd, I too rode in those. We took them to the navy chow hall because they were working on our chow hall at M.C.R.D. San Diego. :lol:
lewi444
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by lewi444 »

I think its great Scott I never rode in one but I pulled one a millon miles. I would still like to get to see your op. how do you like your sheetcam? Keith Lewis
stdave66
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by stdave66 »

Thanks for the file! I never rode in one, but I too graduated MCRD 24 years ago tomorrow---It's now a drinking holiday! Wow, time flies!
scottlane
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by scottlane »

Keith,

I do like sheetcam. The way I have my system set up it works great for me. It took a little tweaking to get
it the way I wanted it but it generates clean and efficient g-code. You always have to remember that garbage in will give you grief many times over on the output.

MY designcad 3d does a good job of exporting to a dxf.

How are things in no mans land?

Scott

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”