Tube Bender

All topics related to bending, forming, notching, drilling, saw cutting, etc.
jerrybarrett
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Tube Bender

Post by jerrybarrett »

I am in the market for a manual bender that will bend 1-1/2 square or rnd tubing. If anyone knows of one please contact me. I have looked on e-bay but the only thing i have found looked wornout. i wuold frefer a hossfield brand. thank's Jerry Barrett
fyrpower
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Tube Bender

Post by fyrpower »

I have a manual tube bender from jansen ornamental, works great..www.jansensupply.com
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

try this file. this is the tube bender based on the pro tools MB-105 bender. they are very willing to work with you on getting parts a dies that will work with this bender. If your on this site chances are you have a plasma cutter and will be able to cut this out. I would suggest just cutting out the arm and using a drill for the holes, if you do cut the holes with the plasma cutter cut them large enough to place inserts in the holes and weld them in. If you have irreg holes in this application you will bind the pins while bending.I built the HMP-200 a few years ago but, I have not had the chance to cut this out my self as of yet but when I do I plan on using 5/8 plate. http://www.pro-tools.com has all the dies and pins they will will sell and are very will to work with the DIY guy
Hope this helps

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

jerrybarrett
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jerrybarrett »

I like the looks of the pro bender I can build one of these if i can't find one for sale I will probably just buy dies and build structure thanks guy's for info jerrybarrett
mvsouza
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mvsouza »

how do you get cad files of all parts of the tube bender
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

I finished a hydraulic tube bender a few months back, and have been using it a lot lately. I posted some of my progress on Pirate 4x4, and they have so many threads on tube bending it's crazy! Here's my build:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthre ... highlight=

And the finished bender:

I have 3/4, 1", 1.5" and 2" dies. I also have a set of arms that were cut from the JD2 files posted on the Net that are sitting on my shelf. I decided to go with the actual bender from JD2. If you have any questions I'd be glad to help out!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
benval76
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by benval76 »

That's a nice setup Sarge.

Return to “Metal Bending, Rolling, Notching, Drilling, Saw Cutting”