Painting shop floor

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Painting shop floor

Post by sodfarmer »

I was curious to know if anyone has painted their shop floor and what they used and has it held up?
Thanks
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Painting shop floor

Post by I Lean »

I used Armor II from Armor Garage. http://www.armorgarage.com/areppa.html It was pretty easy to put down, and I've had zero problems with it. It's very scratch/scrape resistant, and it only chips when I drop something heavy enough to chip the concrete underneath. (the concrete chips, and the coating is still adhered to the piece that broke off)

It does burn though, if you get your hand plasma too close to it. :roll: (I had a piece of metal as a shield under where I was cutting, but ran off the edge of my shield...now I have a nice reminder right in the middle of my floor)
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I bought some Epoxy Floor coating from Lowes or Menards, i dont remember. It wasnt cheap. $140 for the Part A and Part B gallons. It only did half my shop floor too :( But its held up to hot parts, dropped parts, grinder sparks and burnouts from my truck... so far.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
jim8014
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by jim8014 »

I did a warehouse floor with epoxy. The key to good long term adhesion is shot blasting the floor. Make sure there are NO contaminants when you apply the coating. Check with rental yards and tell them you need a floor shot blaster, it shot blasts and vacuums in one.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”