God Bless Our Children

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
benval76
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

God Bless Our Children

Post by benval76 »

I, like most men, tend to keep my emotions in check. However, I am not ashamed to admit that for the first time in nearly 15 years, I wept. I wept for the children whose lives were cut short before they even had a chance to live it. I wept for the parents. I can't even begin to imagine their pain. How do they go on from here? What do they tell the siblings of those that were lost? Blessed are the facility members who risked and gave their lives to protect their students, they are forever hero's. I wish I could be with my children tonight. I wish hold them and tell them how much I love them. It could have been anywhere. It could have been one of our children or grandchildren.

I am a fairly new member to the forum, but I would like to make a proposal. I had a thought that we, as a community, could design and build some type of memorial for the city of Newtown and the Sandy Hook Elementary. I for one would gladly donate time, money, or material for this cause. Would anyone else be interested in pursing this idea?
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: God Bless Our Children

Post by Oldsarge »

I know how you feel, and totally agree. We are very close with our kids even though they are adults... My heart is so broken for the friends and families affected by this horrible, tragic event..... I would be interested in doing something to help as well, but it's hard to know what to do.... My mind went to coming up with a design that universally addresses tragedies like this, but I'm not artistically inclined enough to draw anything that would do justice.... I was thinking a building representing a school, some kids around it, with an angel overlooking with spread wings, and a suitable inscription.... This could be something that we could cut as individuals at a local level and donate to our local schools. If we could get enough participation, we could coordinate a day nationally that we could set aside to deliver them to local schools, and maybe even have some sort of media coverage... I for one would be support a national Day of awareness and some sort of program in schools where kids could know they could go and be able to talk to an adult openly about anything without fear of reprisals....

Anyway, don't want to hijack your thread, but I think that we could do something that has a positive impact....

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”