Air Filtration system?

All topics related to compressed air supply.
njschaben
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Air Filtration system?

Post by njschaben »

Is anyone using an air filtration system like the Jet AFS-1000B? I have a 30 x 30 shop with a 4x8 plasma table with a water table. Even with the water table I still have some plasma dust while cutting for a long period of time. Also while doing a lot of grinding dust builds up in the shop. Since it is now only getting into the 30's for a high temp I don't want to open up the shop anymore, so I am looking for some thing to filter the air inside so I don't loose all my heat. Everyone seems to like the jet filter system in all the reviews but it seems they are all wood workers. I am not sure if this type of filter system will work for plasma and grinding dust? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Air Filtration system?

Post by sodfarmer »

I have a shop the same size as yours with a system like you posted. I have a 4 x 4 plasma table with a water table, this filter couldn't keep up when I was doing alot of cutting. It worked fine for grinding and welding dust. It doesn't take long for the filter to get dirty. I bought my system @ Menards and it was $199, but that was 2 years ago.
John

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”