Magnet on the vehicle promo

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
Metal Arcs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Magnet on the vehicle promo

Post by Metal Arcs »

So the mRs. got me a magnet which says the company name, website and phone number and i plan on sticking it to the tailgate of the pickup. Any of you guys ever try this form of advertising? I assume it will drum up a few calls in the least as I've been stuck behind an "ad" at a light and made a call or two myself. I am just curious about any potential down side to this. I cant really think of any besides people trying to pull me over instead of just calling or something like that.

Any of you guys have any experience with this?
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Magnet on the vehicle promo

Post by AnotherDano »

There was a huge discussion about this on a powder coating forum a while back.

Check with your insurance agent about liabilities and coverage when displaying the sign. One instance involved a guy who was denied coverage after an accident because he'd listed the vehicle as a 'personal use' when he took out the policy. But the insurance company denied him coverage since the sign magically converted the truck into a 'business use' vehicle and the fine print voided the coverage. Of course, the company had no problem accepting his payments.
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Just make sure you don't cut anyone off while driving. :) After all, they now have your phone number and your company name. If you are a offensive driver, you could be your own worst enemy.

Insurance companies suck!!! :evil:
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Metal Arcs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Metal Arcs »

Hmmm, very interesting. I def see the insurance liability thing, makes sense. Any excuse to tell you to take a hike. I will call them and find out, thanks for the heads up Dano!

As for the offensive driving, I think I'd be ok in that area, generally i'm very passive in my vehicle. I may actually put it on the mrs. vehicle as she is the one tooling around town while i do my 10-12 a day, and there is no advertising value in a steel shop parking lot... :lol: And if someone calls my business saying "someone from your company cut me off, I can always say "you know how many of those magnets are out and about?? hahah

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”