Problem repairing dxf

General software related questions should be posted here.
lik2waterski
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Problem repairing dxf

Post by lik2waterski »

I have a problem when I try to repair a DXF. I am using google sketchup. If I take a line that is broken and connect it, then export it as a DXF. Once I open in Sheetcam and try to process tool paths, it won't cut a solid line. There is always a stop and start between the old line and my repair spot.
I have tried to make it a component then export, but that doesn't help either.

Does anyone know of a way to make these repaired spots all one line?

Thanks for any help,
Travis
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Problem repairing dxf

Post by I Lean »

Haven't tried it in Sketchup, but I've had similar issues if my drawing puts the new lines on a different layer than the rest of the drawing. Make sure the whole thing is on the same layer. (each part, anyway)

That is something you can change in Sheetcam if you didn't do it in your CAD program earlier.....just go to Contour properties, and right-click on the segment in question for your options.
lik2waterski
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by lik2waterski »

Carl, Thanks for the help. What I am trying to is cut down on the start and stops. Say I have a circle, I don't want it to start cutting at 10*to 40* then start cutting again 40*-270* then start again 270*-10*. This is just an example. Maybe I just need to buy Corel draw.
Carl, what program do you use to clean up your drawings?
Thanks, Travis
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

I use Deltacad primarily, Draftsight a little, and Inkscape once in a while. If it's a DXF to begin with, then I only use the first two. (Inkscape only for other vector files, art-type stuff or pictures)

Return to “General Discussion”