PDF-to-DXF Conversion Software?

General software related questions should be posted here.
mobiledab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

PDF-to-DXF Conversion Software?

Post by mobiledab »

Can anyone make a recommendation regarding the subject software tools? Plenty of choices on the internet with claims and cost all over the place as well. Any experience or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Best regards...

Dave
Torchmate 3 System: 5' x 10' cutting area, 6' x 12' water table, Arc Voltage Height Control, Laser Alignment, and Pneumatic Plate Marker
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
Torchmate CAD 8
Torchmate 4
Corel Graphics Suite X5
Adobe PhotoShop CS4 Extended
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: PDF-to-DXF Conversion Software?

Post by larrycameron44 »

As you have Torchmate cad, you can import the pdf into it straight away and make a dxf.

Larry
NZ
mobiledab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: PDF-to-DXF Conversion Software?

Post by mobiledab »

Larry,

You are correct. I can also bring directly in to Corel (need to buy DXFTool plugin for CNC export) as well; however, both CAD and Corel are on different computers. Was really looking for either a compiled or EXE program for the computer (number three in case I have not confused issues enough) on which I usually browse the web for graphics to cut. The CAD machine is dedicated to the CNC process and by design I don't do any e-mail or browsing to keep it as "clean" as possible--can't afford to have it go down.

The conversion programs I see for "free" use and/or sale at less than $100.00 all seem to have less than impressive ratings. I'd probably be willing to spend $200.00, but not much more. If that were the case I'd just do as you suggest and use either CAD or Corel. Photoshop is no help and I bought it over Illustrator (which has the DXF "save as" option).

I guess I'll figure it out, but hoped another member might have some guidance. Thanks for your help--it's greatly appreciated! Best regards...

Dave
Torchmate 3 System: 5' x 10' cutting area, 6' x 12' water table, Arc Voltage Height Control, Laser Alignment, and Pneumatic Plate Marker
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
Torchmate CAD 8
Torchmate 4
Corel Graphics Suite X5
Adobe PhotoShop CS4 Extended

Return to “General Discussion”