Setting up New design edge upgrade on sampson 510

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
dleesmith
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Setting up New design edge upgrade on sampson 510

Post by dleesmith »

I am trying to set up the plasmacam designedge upgrade on my table. This morning it was cutting great with the basic design edge and the settings that I had. I am having trouble with all the settings options with this. It is peircing, then as soon as it starts cutting it quits firing and continues moving with just air blowing. Can someone please tell me what settings i need on and off and what settings to pay attention too. This is driving me nuts.

Basics. Currently Im cutting 1/8" steel.

Plasma cutter - Powermax 1000

Table - Sampson 510
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Setting up New design edge upgrade on sampson 510

Post by Craig »

Changing consumables fixes about half of my problems. Do you have good grounds? Is your cutter telling you anything? Basic DE uses arc voltage shifts to adjust height. Have you tried adjusting that? Do you use "Autozero arc voltage shift on next cut? on the ?Height Control? tab of the ?Settings? window I use it every time I change consumables and material whether it be a different metal or just different thickness.

Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Setting up New design edge upgrade on sampson 510

Post by mdwalker »

Are you getting any error lights on your plasma cutter when this happens. Check for over tightened consumables on your torch. Everything should just be finger tight. Try removing the consumables from your torch then re-assemble tightening everything finger tight (just use your thumb and index finger). If this doesn't help let us know, I'm sure we can get it figured out.

Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”