questions about detail cutting

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Big Dave
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

questions about detail cutting

Post by Big Dave »

Hey guys new to this,I have a tracker with a spectrum 1000.I usually cut 14ga. To. 075 having problems with smaller an really detailed files.I think I need a smaller unit. I would like to know what y'all think.
I want the finest cut an lowest amps,with machine torch,with a good duty cycle.I will still use my 1000 for thicker an less detailed work. I would appreciate any input on this. The site is great I've learn lots of good stuff.
I've been playing with this thing about a year now,this site sure would have made things easier. learned alot this week an hope to learn alot more. Thanks again.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: questions about detail cutting

Post by jimcolt »

Take a look at the Hypertherm units....they have a technology for cutting thin materials called "FineCut" consumables......even the 100 Amp Powermax1650 can cut at low power on gauge material with virtually no warpage, dross or heat discoloration. Check out the video link: http://www.hypertherm.com/en/Products_a ... /index.jsp as well as the www.hypertherm.com site.

Jim

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”