Mach3 Shape Wizard?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
AmajubaEng
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Mach3 Shape Wizard?

Post by AmajubaEng »

Hi

I've been browsing this forum for a while now while waiting for our plasma cutter to arrive. Had a bit of Mach3 training and did a few cuts at the suppliers workshop, and machine will be setup in our shop tomorrow. (3000 x 1500mm Table with Hypertherm 1650 running Mach3)

I will be using Solidworks and Sigmanest for the CAD/CAM, but wondering if anyone has used the wizards on Mach3 to cut simple shapes. It would make my life easier if the guys on the shop floor could quickly cut some basic shapes for gussets etc. without having me do the nesting and g-code on Sigmanest. A simple shape wizard on Mach would be ideal.

A second license for Sigmanest is just not financially viable at the moment.

Thanks,

Ray
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Mach3 Shape Wizard?

Post by WSS »

Sheetcam TNG is reasonable (under 200usd). Also, in the next week or so, I will be recieving a post processor for we-cim, which is a top notch nesting and cam program, similar (but easier to use) to sigmanest. Sigmanest may not have post processor for Mach3, not sure if you have checked into that yet? A few of our vendors use sigmanest and love it, it just feels a bit behind. Of course they have probably not updated it for many years LOL

WSS
AmajubaEng
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by AmajubaEng »

Our local Sigmanest VAR has written a post processor specifically for this machine. We have done some training and sample cutting /nesting and it seems to work very well, hope to get the machine up and running soon. I will investigate Sheetcam also.
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

Sheetcam works well, I like it--but it doesn't offer any way of creating a shape, at least that I've found. You still need to draw something in another program, then import it to Sheetcam, then export to Mach3.
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

Interesting request WHAT would you like the wizard to do ? You pick the basic shape then add in the diminsions?? What basic shapes would you need? DO you want it to run the code or save to a file then load in mach3?

(;-) TP
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

ShapesPage.jpg
bob49
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by bob49 »

i like this shape wizard tell me more it seems a lot better than the version i have at top of page. is this somthing that can be upgraded to mach or? any help would be welcomed Bob
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

HI bOB sorry for the delay I forgot about this post(;-)

The shapes page can be done several ways. It can be PART of the Mach3 screenset where you just navigate to the page and fill in the info and press teh button to generate the code. It then loads the code and returns to the main page ready for you to cut.

The other option would be to create the page as a WIZARD. You would then have to call the wizard and then it acts the same.

I also have added a hole burner to the page. Just move the machine to the point you need a hole and define the ID and it creates code to burn a hole WHERE you currently have the torch positioned.

There is also an AUTO SHEAR page where the plasma acts as a metal shear for doing straight cuts. You define the cut as you see it on a print and it creates the cut code.

(;-) TP
jjellingson
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jjellingson »

Shape wizard? my copy of mach is several years old. I am using CandCNC system and don't recall ever seeing this option.
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

The Wizards are something I created for the plasma shop. They are all the time asked for a simple shape or gizmo. Saved a lot of time hand coding OR camming the requested gizmo.

(;-) TP
kbenz
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kbenz »

whatever came out of this? is this something that is available?
CandCNC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Draftsight
Hypertherm 65 machine torch
Millermatic 210
Passport plus
Spoolmate 150
Miller Bobcat 225
http://benzweldingandfabrication.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benz-Wel ... 468?ref=hl
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

here is a link to a screenset addon by the same name, I think that's it....
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

SignTorch Vector Art wrote:here is a link to a screenset addon by the same name, I think that's it....
I put the file under addons like it said but does not show up in the wizards?
CandCNC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Draftsight
Hypertherm 65 machine torch
Millermatic 210
Passport plus
Spoolmate 150
Miller Bobcat 225
http://benzweldingandfabrication.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benz-Wel ... 468?ref=hl
iws2008
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by iws2008 »

This makes a our work alot easier... so convient and easy to use. Few clicks and a part is created and gcode is ready. TruCut CNC has provided us with an awesome shape wizard. Totally helps save time during the drawing stage. Picture at link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... bd163dcf7c

Independent Welding Services, LLC

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”