Scanning a Picture and Turning it to DXF?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
ghaegens
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Scanning a Picture and Turning it to DXF?

Post by ghaegens »

I run a water jet for a company and i mostly cut mechanical parts, but occasionally someone will hand me a picture and want me to cut it. i managed to pull a few off, but the water jet programs i'm using are not at all drawing friendly. What kind of programs should i have to quickly turn my pictures into DXF's? Thanks
greg
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Scanning a Picture and Turning it to DXF?

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Greg, there are several programs that I use, Inkscape being one of the easiest that I have. I also use bobart and corel. but no matter what I use it is time consuming and usually have to go back through and clean up most of the lines and make sure they are joined. there is a program called arbor image that looks promising but is pretty pricey. in short there is no easy way to convert your images without paying someone to do it. This is just my opinion some of the other guys on here may have found a much easier way. good luck and if you find an easy way please post it up. :D
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by boodog710 »

Greg, I have been using Cutting Shop by Arbor Image for the past couple of years. It works great.
Jack
ghaegens
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ghaegens »

Thanks guys Arbor image seems to work really well. i appreciate the help.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”