dthc and hypertherm

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

dthc and hypertherm

Post by Cbrbarnes »

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade my current table and am at a point(self taught) where I realize how important a dthc is to accuracy. I'm going to be getting a hypertherm 65 to upgrade from my current import unit. I want to add an aftermarket thc to the mix as I think it's the right thing to do for now and would love some input as to a setup that is both relatively easy to get running and not terribly expensive($500 or less). I'm planning on getting a better table eventually but for now I'm just a guy in a home shop so I'm trying to be wise as to how I'm upgrading. Any input from the mass of knowledge here is greatly appreciated. My current set up is Bob-Cad for the geometry and Mach 3 at the table. Thanks in advance.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: dthc and hypertherm

Post by WyoGreen »

I started out my table/plasma upgrade looking at the LCTHC from CandCNC. I ended up building a new table with a controller from CandCNC, and am so far pleased with it's operation. While I didn't end up going the LCTHC route, you can take a look at it and see what you think.

http://www.candcnc.com

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cbrbarnes »

Thanks Steve, I think this is just what I'm looking for. Looks like CandCnC has good support too. I've seen them mentioned on here many times, I've just never really gone to their site.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I second the opinion on the products from CandCNC. www.candcnc.com

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”