bobcad

General software related questions should be posted here.
deluxbilt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

bobcad

Post by deluxbilt »

has anyone used bobcad v23 i just purchased it and i dont like it they told me how great it was and better then any other program on the market and it surpassed my torchmate program but they were lies my torchmate is way easier to make a l shaped box it took the guy five mins and was moving the mouse all over the place in and out of different menu items if you want my opinion dont buy it and now they wont refund my money because of there bull shit refund policy that pretty much there is no way the president could even get a refund and they say there tracing is the best and it doesnt do any better then my torchmate does they say you can take a picture going down the highway and it will be able to cut it out no problem yeah bullshit on that dont buy it its a waste of your money and i wont stop until i get a refund
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: bobcad

Post by Scratch »

I have BobCAD V21, it came with my table. I've used it enough that I can draw simple shapes but I rarely use it. Like I use it "MAYBE" 1% of the time. I use Corel 11 for 98% of all my drawing.

I use Etch-A-Sketch for that last 1%. but I wouldn't recommend it very often. Connecting it to the computer is a real pain in the ass.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
deluxbilt
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by deluxbilt »

i dunno what to do now i have been fighting with them for the last 3 days and they will not refund my money assholes so im just gonna rag on them all i can get this in there return policy it says they do not guarantee satisfaction that is one hell of a way to run a business huh how the hell do they sleep at night now im stuck with a grand worth of software that is less then usless my torch mate software is kinda a pain but user friendly
erichsmith
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by erichsmith »

I have been talking to them about buying the system but my main hold back has been I wanted a trial. I told the salesman that as well but he said I would be happy no matter what and didnt need a trial. Seems like I might want to rethink the Bobcad purchase.
Eric Smith
Hobart Champion
Miller ABP330
Miller 185, 212
Miller Spectrum 625
Miller Dialarc 250
Oxy/Fuel
MSC Mill
Atlas Lathe
Grizzly Mill/Lathe
Scars and 1 understanding wife, 1 uninterested 16yr old girl, 1 thinks daddys work is cool 3yr old son.
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by trucks1948 »

I bought bobcad v21,and just didn't like it at all,now i use corelx4 and am happy with that for what i do.Jim
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Everybody is different, BobCad is all I use V21, I tried correll but got a corrupted version and quickly gave up. I bought V23 but it is much more difficult and time consuming to use than V21. It does have some features once you learn how to use it. The best thing about BobCad is that it will vectorize any true type font and wrap it around a curve a feature that we all use all the time. I have learned that with all the soft ware is, learn one thing well and go from there. The one software that looks very ease to use is v-carve but have never used it. It has 2D and 2.5/3D router software. Your right about the BobCad guys they use very high pressure sales technique and you will never get your money back. The one thing they don't tell you is that the seat you bought is transferable If you want to sell it. I think that they charge the buyer a 100.00 seat fee to transfer so keep that in mind if you sell it on Ebay or Craigslist. The unfortunate thing about BobCad is they never sell it for the same price twice. They are always offering deals to current customers. I can tell you that I paid way less than what you have into your V23 but won't tell you how much for fear of your head popping off, that would be messy and irresponsible of me. I would think that you shoud be able to 5-6 hundred on ebay if you try and sell it, but like I said it is difficult to price because they change there price so much.
Good luck

Return to “General Discussion”