Spare Parts and Suppliers

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
ozarkfred
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Spare Parts and Suppliers

Post by ozarkfred »

Hello,
I'm new here. I have a Practical CNC table and find your information on repair parts interesting. I think it would be most helpful if everyone with parts procurement information would post sources and part numbers on the forum. We will all need the information eventually. I happen to be looking for the spur gears that drive the racks. I believe at least one of my gears is worn and its' shaft bent, resulting in bad tolerances on the final parts. Can anyone help?
Streetwerkz
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: PRECISION AUTOMATED CNC Plasma Cutting Tables

Post by Streetwerkz »

I have 2 practical CNC tables, and when buying them the owner at the time Joe told me he got 90% of the parts for the tables from Reidsupply.com
I have not had to replace anything so no part number help there
Joshua Robinson
www.Streetwerkz.com
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

WERKS for me!

Good to see you here!

Dano
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
Streetwerkz
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Streetwerkz »

:D
Good to see you too

I lurk here mostly, alot of great info here, and nice people too!!
Joshua Robinson
www.Streetwerkz.com
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

I picked up a couple of belts a while back from McMaster Carr and I kept forgetting to put them on here.
Y --Belt 130XL037 - 26198S
X --Belt 110XL037 - 21398S

Lets try and get a complete list
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

Thanks for those part numbers. I bought some spare shafts a while ago, but I can't find the part numbers. I'll try to remember to call them with the measurements and try to get the PN's for them.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
sparkgirlcnc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sparkgirlcnc »

I have been building a source list for replacement parts too. Joe & PCNC had some variances with mfg's & brands depending on what mo/yr a table was built. Mine is a 6/2006 version (3axis, 6x12, plasma/router) with only one Y axis motor. As an example, I have had to replace the wimpy X shaft at least 3 times, and every time I ordered from PCNC, I got a slightly different one, they could not keep track of which one for which table build-date/style- nor could I ever seem to get the right "c" clips to go on it. I know I should either modify and upgrade to a 1/2in shaft, or just machine a bunch of x shafts to keep on hand. PCNC would never agree to send me more than one at a time, why??

I have info on source-supplier-repair facilities-part#'s-etc. for servo motors & drives, encoders, guideways and a few of the mechanical items. If anyone is seeking info before I post what I've got so far, feel free to PM me. Also, I did some minor tweaks to the control box that I should post a pic of here soon.

I would love to know of any other hybrids, conversions, adaptations, shaft adjustments, clever modifications, etc., that anyone has done. I am currently wanting to make a mounting attachment so that I could keep both my Porter-Cable Router, and my Hypertherm Machine Torch on the table all the time for easy swapping. I often used to leave one half of the table set up with steel bars for torch, while the other half had the spoilboard for the router. ---hope its okay to say the R word on here (router)

BTW, I did need the correct belt #'s for both X + Y, so thanks Jeeplogic83! I have been back up and running with the router on table since mid-March, after 2years of downtime/storage, --thanks largely to parts purchased from Jeeplogic83 resulting from his conversion with CandCnc. Thanks for posting the conversion details! ...maybe someday I can convert, but can't swing it for awhile, I'm maxed out for a long time after adding a Co2 laser table to the garage shop in May.

Today, I am finally setting up for several plasma jobs coming up in the next two weeks. I am going to start with just using the manual joystick, and later this week, I may try out a newer THC. My original ATHC never worked, but the more recently acquired one is a different type. It's been a loooong two years since I used my torch--wish me luck! I hope I can remember the basics. Better get to it. Thanks for letting me stall for a bit, building up my courage with posting and reading this forum. Now that I've told you all, I have someone other than my husband and the waiting customers to be accountable to. :|
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Spark Girl, glad to see ya here, I am relieved your up and running I was concerned the parts I sold you wouldn't be enough to get you up and running. When you have the money the conversion is well worth the money spent, did you add the co2 laser to your practical or get a whole new table. Anyway glad to see ya here.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”