digital height control problem

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
matin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

digital height control problem

Post by matin »

Dear Sir,

I have Blade runner controller and mach3 software . I have a problem .
Could you please help me about following problem.

Could you please tell me what cause to stop sending up/down signals
from digital torch height control to computer mach screen? (can not see any thc up /down activity on mach screen and THC dro is 0.00. All setting for mach is correct and I can see sometimes the up and down signals .

Is it possible, that was related to high cutting speed 350 IPM or high pierce and cut standoff distance or long pierce delay when I cutting gauge 20 steel. I use g04 p0 for pierce delay but in mach3 setting page thc delay was 1 and in cut profile thc delay was also 1. I feel long pierce delay but the code was g04 p0 .

Can I replace our long cat 5 cable with 3 feet length cat5e cable that we use in modems ?Is it better for noise issues ?

I will appreciate for your help.

Best regards

mahyar

Torrance , California
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: digital height control problem

Post by beefy »

Matin,

keep asking the same question on the Candcnc Yahoo group. There's been a few times in the past when I asked a question and it didn't get answered but other peoples questions got answered. I asked again stating that my question must have been missed, and then my question was normally answered. Tom is the designer of this system so he can inform you the best.

Unfortunately I think he is always extremely busy so maybe doesn't always answer questions as they arise. Just ask again.

My thoughts on Cat5 vs Cat5e ?? I don't think it will make any difference and if anything the Cat5e should be better. I just Googled about the differences and Cat 5e can support higher speeds and has reduced cross-talk and susceptability to interference. So long as it's the same type of connection I'd say it's perfectly fine.

In your Candcnc manual for the Bladerunner, is there a DTHC test where you push some button on the DTHC circuit board and it goes through a self test where the up and down LEDs flash on the screen. Have you tried that test.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
matin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by matin »

Dear Keith ,

thank you again for your answer. you always help me.

I have sent same question more than 5 times to candcnc yahoo groups.

But never they answer to this question.

thank you
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Hmmm, I did sort of notice that.

I think your best bet to get help from Tom is to make sure you have very carefully went through the setup procedure in the Candcnc manual.

Even if this involves getting a 2nd computer (if you don't want to erase you existing one), formatting the hard drive and re-installing everything. This is all good practise anyway in case the computer you are using breaks down, plus it's good to have at least one working and tested spare computer.

As soon as you get to a point where something doesn't work as per the installation and setup, then ask that specific question. It should be easier to get a system up and running starting from scratch than trying to figure out something in the middle. For instance there's a point in my setup where I do the DTHC card test, and it "communicates" with the MP3000 UBOB and the computer. The THC up and down lights flash and I think the voltage reading does something on the screen. Does yours have any procedure like this in the setup.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”