Placing price online ?

Learn & share techniques, strategies, and experiences on marketing your plasma cut products in this forum.
PineLane
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Placing price online ?

Post by PineLane »

Hello all.

Decided to recently make a Facebook page, so I could share what I'm working on. I've had some interest in a few things and have people wanting pricing. I didn't list the prices with the posts...per the suggestion of a well established business family member who does a lot of online sales...said it will "bring them to you".

Now I'm wandering how that "brings them to me" ? If the price is too high...regardless listed or not, they're gone !

Really interested in hearing in what others have learned about online sales...pricing listed or not ?

Thanks Dave
edwardn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Placing price online ?

Post by edwardn »

I have done both and my experience with each is that when the price is listed I get less but better quality replies and odds of selling the piece, when no price is listed I get alot more interest but less odds of selling per ratio of replies, the most I get from not listing the price is the information of what people like and dont like from the number of replies I receive but I have to deal with alot of tire kickers in the process.
Thats my 2 cents
Edd
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Dave,

how about getting some feedback from your family member about Edds' experience. I reckon like your family member said it will bring more "potential" customers to you, but what percentage of them become sales ?

I'm leaning more towards what Edd is saying because I hate throwing time and money down the drain with low price hunters, when I could be focussing on making existing orders.

Thanks for that input Edd.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

I always post the price and size because people will always ask those 2 questions.
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

My advise, put your prices on everything, weeds out the dreamers. If your price is above what they want to pay they aren't going to buy anyway but if they are genuinely wanting to but it gives them an idea of what to expect.

I'd prefer to spend half an hour earning money rather than wasting it talking with an enquirer that says "I wasn't expecting that much" or "that's too dear" (interpretation "I can't afford it") because every customer that walks through the door is going to cost you half an hour anyway by the time you stop what your doing, speak to them, show examples, etc. and get back to work, at least half an hour of momentum has gone.

If your worried about the opposition undercutting you, there is always someone who will do it cheaper.
Murray
PineLane
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by PineLane »

Thanks for the comments and thoughts. It is appreciated. Dave

Return to “Pricing, Advertising, & Marketing Your Products Forum”