Have exceeded my knowledge and need help

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
number1cas
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Have exceeded my knowledge and need help

Post by number1cas »

Hello, I am trying to make a sign for a friends garage and must admit, although I am learning this craft, I have hit the wall on this one. I have traced it in inkscape and brought it into Fusion 360 where I have invested a TON of hours cleaning it up but now it is proving to be too large of a file for my system and I cant work with it any more. I don't have the skills to complete this one at this point. Can anyone offer me a hand with it? I am willing to pay at this point as I just don't have the time left to learn this one. I will stick to making my own simpler designs for now.
Let me know if you can help me and I can provide what I have so far.

Thanks
Chad
harrymorley
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Have exceeded my knowledge and need help

Post by harrymorley »

what does it look like ? gotta pic ?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Ok what I have done with large projects is the break them apart. I don't know why you are moving the file into Fusion 360 you should be able the make a great file in Inkscape. By breaking the file/project up I mean to copy sections to another inkscape and pasting it there then save it, As long as you use the same starting point X0.0, Y0.0 the files for each section will be positioned correctly, leave the outside cut for the last.
the other thing Ben Delappe helps guy with drawing problems, on a contract bases, many have be well pleased with his work. send him a PM from this site memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2646
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
RobinHillMachine
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobinHillMachine »