DIY CNC Plasma Controller

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: DIY CNC Plasma Controller

Post by xnaron »

I am going to configure Mach 3 to work with my controller to do some testing. I'll see if I have the same/similar issues.
Dfabltd
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Dfabltd »

i will do some testing tomorrow and see if problem persists i will report to them then
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron »

Installed the AXBB-e mach 3 plugin and it flashed my AXBB firmware (maybe there is a mach 3 specific version). I configured Mach 3 to work with the new controller. Right away I notice there is a delay when the M3 command is turned on. There is no delay turning it off (m4). I tried changing the M3 output to a different relay but it still had the delay. I have some other buttons mapped to turn on/off relays and they work with no perceptible delay.

Last edited by xnaron on Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron »

I hooked up the old controller (Mach 3 config is the same except for ports and pins). There is no delay turning M3 on. In fact you can here the M3 relay turn on before the light on the mach 3 screen lights up.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”