US FLAG WAVING

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

US FLAG WAVING

Post by Joe Jones »

Here is one for the group.

Joe
US FLAG WAVING DXF.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
16 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
plasmanewbie

Re: US FLAG WAVING

Post by plasmanewbie »

WOW! Thats real nice Joe. Best waving flag design I have seen! Thanks for sharing that one :Like :Like

Checked out the youtube link you provided, the video makes it look too easy...is it really that fast and easy in DesignEdge?
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

plasmanewbie wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:17 am WOW! Thats real nice Joe. Best waving flag design I have seen! Thanks for sharing that one :Like :Like

Checked out the youtube link you provided, the video makes it look too easy...is it really that fast and easy in DesignEdge?
Thank you for the compliment. this can be done with ANY flag, or ANY image with the same results.

I know that people like to put down the PlasmaCam tables, but their software ... DesignEdge really DOES give the owner the EDGE over the other software products. Once you learn how to use it, it becomes FUN to use! It is not unlike playing a video game from the 80s

There is plenty of room for improvement, but PlasmaCam seems oblivious to the changes and additions that would make DesignEdge the ultimate software package. For example, PlasmaCam does NOT offer LAYERS. We really need LAYERS! You cannot present an image in more than TWO colors ... Background, and Closed Path Fill. It has limited 3D capability, but you cannot work on a design, or FREEZE the design in any orientation except straight forward parallel projection. You cannot change the appearance of the lines for color blind people who see the green, and red, and white and purple lines only as "50 Shades of Gray." :lol: You cannot (easily) SCALE the width of open paths. Just off the top of my head, I could name a hundred improvements to the software that would make the world beat a path to PlasmaCam's door, to purchase the software. Alas, I have no power to move the mountain. :Sad

In the video, it only shows the final result, laying the various open and closed path over the flag. The software did not trace that flag, or those stars. I traced the entire flag by hand, and then made all of the stars and white stripes closed paths so they would fall out of the design. It took me 55 minutes to draw the entire thing.

I could have given the stars sharper points I suppose, but I just wanted to create something that was original, and a manual trace of a .jpg image to demonstrate some of the capabilities of DesignEdge.

Feel free to download it and cut it any size. That one is a FREEBIE!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
16 Lasers

ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

Nice design Joe!
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

ROKCRLER wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:18 pm Nice design Joe!
Thanks. I can draw with the best of them. DesignEdge makes it especially easy. So does VECTOR Q, on the iPad.

I don't normally share files I draw, because I know that the file will be passed around like the promiscuous prom queen, and it won't be long before everyone has a copy. I would bet money on the fact that the original author of "The Tattered Flag" is not relaxing on his 100-foot yacht from the money that poured in from that design. So many people have it, and the greatest majority of them did not give the author of that design a single penny.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
16 Lasers

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”