Hypertherm MaxPro200 hole quality and gas selection

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
GSteel74
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm MaxPro200 hole quality and gas selection

Post by GSteel74 »

Hi, I recently got a table that is equipped with a Hypertherm MaxPro200. I'm making this post because there is not a lot of info out there when it comes to this machine and maybe this could be a good place to exchange info on our experiences with it. For example, I haven't found much on the settings used to get the best hole quality, so I've been messing around with that and I'm interested in seeing how much better is the cut quality is if you use the O2 with mild steel or N2 with stainless. Also, maybe somebody is looking into purchasing one and have some questions which I'd be happy to answer if I can. Thank you for reading.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm MaxPro200

Post by weldguy »

Most of the folks here are using smaller air plasma cutters, the MaxPro200 is a whole other ball game. Post some pics of your hole quality and I am sure you will get some tips on improving up on it. I would stick with air on mild steel and on your stainless the only real advantage to N2 would be cleaner edges which help for any welding operations post cutting otherwise I would stick with air on it also. Bottled gas gets expensive if you don't need it.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”