Doubt about wiring THC to Plasma Argon PLC65

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Doubt about wiring THC to Plasma Argon PLC65

Post by weldguy »

Looks like you are doing pretty good with your setup. Definitely get the smallest nozzle you can to make the most of the limited air volume you have. 60psi sounds low when cutting but a lower amp tip with smaller hole may help to keep your pressure in the 70-80psi range which is likely better however I am not familiar with your plasma cutter. Cut height is very important, if you are too or too low and touching the material you will find it may not cut through. All in all it looks good and I look forward to seeing more of your progress.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

If you have a 3-D printer I will give you the files for this floating head torch holder I printed some time back.
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=32623
The main thing is the increased height adds to the stability of the torch. You could make a slight change to add support to the handle of the torch too, by making the center portion (torch holder) taller.
Here is a video on how to check the cut height of the torch, it is for another brand or THC but the process is the same.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
sibelius
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by sibelius »

Hi, nice video
Thanks for your help but I think I will make mine out of metal.
I have a 3d printer.
Thanks again
All the best
V.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:05 am If you have a 3-D printer I will give you the files for this floating head torch holder I printed some time back.
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=32623
The main thing is the increased height adds to the stability of the torch. You could make a slight change to add support to the handle of the torch too, by making the center portion (torch holder) taller.
Here is a video on how to check the cut height of the torch, it is for another brand or THC but the process is the same.
Tom - nice video! Thanks for sharing that with us.

David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”