New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Americanwelder
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Americanwelder »

Looking to play around with my new plasma table. I have a samson 5x10. I am a welder during the day. New to the world of cnc. I also have a Miller Dynasty 200, Shop Outfitters Universal Fabricator. Looking to make a DIY press brake like the one sold from swag off road,(50") . Very interested in the pen holder from acourtjester. ( please contact me ). I am in Livermore, Ca.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Hi, tell me about your software. Do you only have BASIC DesignEdge, or do you also have one or more of the upgrades activated? Are you able to use the software now, or do you need training to get up to speed?

Are you using a hand torch in the funky brace, or does your table use a machine torch?

What materials are you cutting? Thickness, and types (steel, aluminum, etc.)

Are you hoping to use your table mainly for cutting out widgets in quantities, like gussets, and saddles and other boring stuff, or are you getting into the metal art aspect of cnc plasma tables?

Do you only have the single "seat" license of DesignEdge installed onto the PC that runs your table, or do you also have one or more additional seats installed on other towers, or maybe a laptop?

Is this table PC connected to the Internet with a GOOD connection?

Do you have one monitor on the PC, or two?

Are you the only person who will be running this table, or do you need to train a helper (wife / son / daughter / brother / coworker / etc.?)

Do you want to use stock cut files from art libraries you purchase, or do you want the ability to draw your own files?

Did your table come with the pipe cutting attachment or any other accessory?

Would you like your table to be able to cut something with a taller profile, such as 4" x 4" or 6" x 6" square tubing?

Is this a NEW table, or a used table you acquired somewhere? Have you registered the table into your name with the PlasmaCam gods? :lol:

Lets start there ....

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard! Plasmacam makes some great tables and software - I have the 4x4 version of your 5x10 with Design Edge software. Let us know if you have any questions about running the table or the software and there are a few members here who can help. They sent me the Shop Outfitters catalog when I purchased my first Plasmacam table - lots of interesting tools and designs to look at. Their Universal Fabricator looked nice, but I already had a hydraulic tube bender and a small 20 ton press brake - so It was not something I really needed. Tom sells the sharpie pen holder you are asking about. You can send him a PM using the link below.

https://www.plasmaspider.com/memberlist ... le&u=12881

I offer a sharpie pen holder that clips onto your plasma torch at my Ebay store as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115805862457?h ... R5KO2P3HYg
sharpie pen holder.jpg
sharpie pen holder.jpg (17.64 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Good luck with your new adventure.

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

PM sent about the pen plotter thanks for the interest :Like
Welcome aboard, many members and many project files posted, use the search function in the upper right for a look around. You can go back years much of the info is still useful today as it was when posted. :Yay
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by TJS »

Welcome. I have acourjester's Pen tool. Best thing if you want to save material. Paper and tape is cheaper than steel (as of now anyway).
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Did you ever get Tom's pen holder, and if so - how do you like it for your purposes?

David
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Another thread where the OP never returns. :-?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

adbuch wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:51 am
I offer a sharpie pen holder that clips onto your plasma torch at my Ebay store as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115805862457?h ... R5KO2P3HYg
sharpie pen holder.jpg

Good luck with your new adventure.

David
David, That is a cool pen holder! A very convenient design. Do you print those yourself? Is it a standard offset, like 2" or????

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

The ones I print are about 1 7/8" center to center. Those are the ones I offer at my Ebay store. My printer will print in "stereo", so with dual independent heads it can print two at a time. If I remember correctly, print time is about an hour or so. Maybe more.

David
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

adbuch wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:26 am The ones I print are about 1 7/8" center to center. Those are the ones I offer at my Ebay store. My printer will print in "stereo", so with dual independent heads it can print two at a time. If I remember correctly, print time is about an hour or so. Maybe more.

David
What is the AMAZING LOW PRICE?! :HaHa I'd like to buy one to have in my bag-o-tricks. I figure I can save you the eBay charges by dealing direct.

I am wondering how it deals with the metal ohmic sensing tab. Does the tab protrude through the gap at the other end? Or do I remove the ohmic retainer and replace it with a standard retainer to eliminate the metal tab?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I really don't care about the Ebay charges. It won't make me or break me one way or the other. If you want one, then just click on the Buy it Now and I'll ship it out to you. I haven't even measured the ohmic cap, or standard cap. This will fit onto any torch body or cap with an approximate 1" OD. I expect that many of the purchasers are using machine torches. I sell quite a few, but I don't ask questions or in general receive feedback from the buyers, other than they leave me Positive Ebay Feedback.

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I print 2 pen plotter for use on a CNC table, one fits a machine torch with notch for the Ohmic sensor tab. And the other has a flat bar for attaching to the Z axis assembly. I will give the STL files to member who want to print their own. And also I print a Drag knife holder for cutting sign vinyl.
DSCN5055.JPG
DSCN5057.JPG
DSCN5056.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I MUST get my 3D printer up and running. The mind reels!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “Introduce Yourself”