Returning Member that is an Ag Teacher

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
tvehorn06
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Returning Member that is an Ag Teacher

Post by tvehorn06 »

I am looking for easy to teach DXF cad drawings for students to load and run on our table. I have limited cad knowledge and not enough time or patience to design the dxf files. Would even be willing to pay for some designs that my students cut and then have to weld together. Reach out if you would be willing to help. Emails with tips are also welcome.

todd.vehorn@tecumsehlocal.org
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Returning Member that is an Ag Teacher

Post by acourtjester »

There are many simple files posted here Look under here .
viewforum.php?f=6
just scroll down to see you can click on any DXF file and download it for your use, many years of pages for you to find what you are looking for. Some that may be interesting are the Monograms for wall/house hanger students can select their own first letter to cut. There are others like tool hangers, fire pits, animal shapes, ect.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

tvehorn06 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:54 pm I am looking for easy to teach DXF cad drawings for students to load and run on our table. I have limited cad knowledge and not enough time or patience to design the dxf files. Would even be willing to pay for some designs that my students cut and then have to weld together. Reach out if you would be willing to help. Emails with tips are also welcome.

Tell me more about your situation. Are you an AG Teacher in a high school? Where? What table do you have? Which plasma cutter? What software are you using to run the table? How many students do you have?

What kids of files do you need? I am retired and can draw files for you, but I need more info. I will send you my phone number in a PM.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tvehorn06 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:54 pm I am looking for easy to teach DXF cad drawings for students to load and run on our table. I have limited cad knowledge and not enough time or patience to design the dxf files. Would even be willing to pay for some designs that my students cut and then have to weld together. Reach out if you would be willing to help. Emails with tips are also welcome.

Todd - I remember you from several years ago. Did you ever choose a cad program to learn and teach your students? As Tom has mentioned, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of cut files available here at this forum. You mention that you want files your students can cut and "weld together" - so I would assume something like fire pits, tools, tables, benches, etc. where there are multiple parts to be assembled/welded together to produce the finished product. But you tell me - what specific items are you looking to cut and weld together?

David
tvehorn06
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tvehorn06 »

So I am using the Bobcad system with a 4x4 table with a hypertherm plasma cutter. Joe I will give you a call hopefully sometime this week when I have some time to sit down and talk.

David, yes those are the types of things I am looking for to cut. I have found some and when I download and transfer to my cad program there always seems to be something that cuts wrong. I am sure it is just my inexperience. I am an Ag Ed teacher and there is another teacher that uses it that is in our industrial tech program but he is older and doesn't understand the cad system we are using and everytime he touches it I have to fix 5 things it seems like so I am overwhelmed and just looking for a direction and help so that my students can see the table function properly and get some use out of it.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Which one are you?

Joe
tecumseh.jpg
tecumseh.jpg (13.71 KiB) Viewed 876 times
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Google says he's in Ohio.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

djreiswig wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:42 pm Google says he's in Ohio.

:shock: Google Maps didn't even FIND a town by this name in Ohio

Ah... the Tecumseh local SCHOOL DISTRICT! 305 miles away... :roll: WHY are people so #$^%&$ weird about simply giving their GENERAL location in a profile? It isn't as if someone is going to decide, "This guy needs to die! I want his exact address, and the side of the bed he sleeps on! :twisted: "

Joe
Franklin, Kentucky, USA
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tvehorn06 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:47 pm So I am using the Bobcad system with a 4x4 table with a hypertherm plasma cutter. Joe I will give you a call hopefully sometime this week when I have some time to sit down and talk.

David, yes those are the types of things I am looking for to cut. I have found some and when I download and transfer to my cad program there always seems to be something that cuts wrong. I am sure it is just my inexperience. I am an Ag Ed teacher and there is another teacher that uses it that is in our industrial tech program but he is older and doesn't understand the cad system we are using and everytime he touches it I have to fix 5 things it seems like so I am overwhelmed and just looking for a direction and help so that my students can see the table function properly and get some use out of it.
Todd - it sounds like you have downloaded some files that were not cut ready or had problems. You are welcome to post one of your problematic files here, or send me a PM and I will have a look at the file to see why it is causing problems and show you how to fix it.

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Many of us have had a bumpy start, but there is lots of help here and you will have smooth going soon. With a little info from you questions will get answered, for your students it is part of learning. Finding where to look and what to ask is a big help, your at the right place.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

It would be fun to run up to Ohio to see your setup. Road trip!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:59 pm Many of us have had a bumpy start, but there is lots of help here and you will have smooth going soon. With a little info from you questions will get answered, for your students it is part of learning. Finding where to look and what to ask is a big help, your at the right place.
Tom - I very much agree! There is quite often a particular learning curve and it really helps to know where to look to find some answers.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”