FONT HELP

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

FONT HELP

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Anyone know what font this is? Your help will be appreciated!
TFS.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: FONT HELP

Post by Joe Jones »

The biggest struggle in the sign industry, is when someone brings you a font sample with NO CLUE as to the name of the font. There are millions of fonts out there on the Net, and you cannot find one by a verbal description alone. When a customer comes to me with a request like this, and they do NOT know the name of the font, the price triples immediately, because I have to go hunting for the font, and TIME IS MONEY. There is also no guarantee that I will ever FIND the font used to create the sample art.

Someone produced this image, using a word processor, or some graphics program. Someone sourced this font, to print this layout for the sign. Ask that person for the name of the font, or better yet, ask for the .ttf font file. If they cannot produce that, it is possible with the correct software, to trace this exact sign sufficient to reproduce THESE letters. However, if they want a series of signs with assorted letters in THIS FONT, ... SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Dawgonhawg wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:29 pm Anyone know what font this is? Your help will be appreciated!
If you only need the particular letters/numbers shown in your sample, then you could use a combination of auto trace and manual trace to get these to the size you need in vector format. However - for this approach to be most effective you really need to get a higher resolution image to work with. Ask your customer for a better image, or better yet as them for the font name - as was suggested previously.

David
what font if this 1.jpg
what font if this 2.jpg
what font if this 3.jpg

DSaul
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DSaul »

According to the "what font is" website, the font name is Eastwood. "What the font" couldn't find a match, but "what font is" had it listed in the first couple of suggestions.

https://www.dafont.com/eastwood-2.font
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

DSaul wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:56 am According to the "what font is" website, the font name is Eastwood. "What the font" couldn't find a match, but "what font is" had it listed in the first couple of suggestions.

Nice work!! I tried that website, but couldn't get past the window displayed below. Perhaps you could explain the proper procedure. Robert Johnson has given high marks to this site, but I could never get it to work. I would get a message to disable my adblocker, but still had no success.
Thanks for your reply.

David

Nice find 1.jpg

DSaul

Post by DSaul »

adbuch wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:53 am
DSaul wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:56 am According to the "what font is" website, the font name is Eastwood. "What the font" couldn't find a match, but "what font is" had it listed in the first couple of suggestions.

Nice work!! I tried that website, but couldn't get past the window displayed below. Perhaps you could explain the proper procedure. Robert Johnson has given high marks to this site, but I could never get it to work. I would get a message to disable my adblocker, but still had no success.
Thanks for your reply.

David

Nice find 1.jpg

At that screen, you just type each character into the box below it and hit "next". I got the ad blocker notification on every screen, but I was able to scroll past it with no issues. Downloading the font from that site seemed really weird, so I just found it elsewhere.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Of course you took all of THIS into consideration before making and selling the sign, right? :roll:

Joe
EASTWOOD FONT COPYRIGHT.jpg

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

DSaul wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:21 pm
adbuch wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:53 am

Thanks for your reply.

David

Nice find 1.jpg

At that screen, you just type each character into the box below it and hit "next". I got the ad blocker notification on every screen, but I was able to scroll past it with no issues. Downloading the font from that site seemed really weird, so I just found it elsewhere.
Thanks DSaul! I didn't realize that they wanted you to type the letters into the boxes. I agree that it seemed like a chore to download from their site, but once we know the name the font is available for download at dafont.com.

David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I actually entered my personal information to the site to download the font. It gave me a discount, so it was no charge. I used Paypal to pay zero dollars after their discount - and it said I would receive the download link in 10 minutes. I never received an email with the link - so there is most definitely something weird going on with this site. Nevertheless, the site did identify the font - so that is something.

David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”