manual cut with minithc

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
tnjind
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

manual cut with minithc

Post by tnjind »

I FINALLY got my mini thc working after taking 2-3 year break from the table. I had to relearn alot of stuff, very poor memory.

The minithc seems to be working great, the only thing I not sure about is how to cut without it?
For the time being I am firing the torch with F5 and then shutting the minithc off at end of cut, if I don't turn it off then it keeps the torch on.

How are others handling cuts without using the minithc, specifically cut remnants?

Thanks all.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: manual cut with minithc

Post by acourtjester »

It depends on the software your controller uses, in Mach 3 there is a check box on the main page to switch the THC on/off. Other software has similar functions, and the M3 command should be in the G-code to fire the torch M5 for off. As most THC only come on after the torch fires, pierces and starts moving.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by AREA »

To be honest I have no clue, just looked up the MiniTHC and it looks interesting. So do you tap F5 to turn torch ON or do you press and hold F5 for your manual cuts. Just curious because maybe if its a tap to turn ON another tap may turn it OFF.
tnjind
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by tnjind »

Tap f5 for on and off but with the mini it keeps torch on after f5 is turned off.
tnjind
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by tnjind »

Also I'm using mach3
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by AREA »

Is there and LED on the unit or onscreen that lights up when you tap F5 to turn the torch on? If so does this remain on when the torch remains on?

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”