can anyone compare the BossTables scriber to EasyScriber

All topics related specifically to the EasyScriber drag style scribe & engraving tool.
bLouChipBlacksmith
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

can anyone compare the BossTables scriber to EasyScriber

Post by bLouChipBlacksmith »

I don't own a scriber yet, but was recently convinced of its usefulness to accentuate metal work and specifically plasma cut parts and artwork.
I just returned from PRI trade show, where I visited the BossTables.com booth to chat plasma see a demo of their table. They were also demoing a scribe unit that bolts onto the Z plate in parallel to and outboard of the plasma torch, about 2-3 inches. It pneumatically deploys lower than the torch tip when in use, AND it apparently has pneumatic valving internally such that it vibrates at a 50-100Hz frequency to assist scribing the metal, freq and force depends on psi applied. Can anyone compare this scriber to EasyScriber ? Does EasyScriber use torch air to do the same ?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: can anyone compare the BossTables scriber to EasyScriber

Post by acourtjester »

HI Bloe
they are completely different tools, the EasyScriber is like a pencil and etches the metal by scratching the surface with a diamond tip.
the pneumatic scribe is a air powered tool like a jack hammer (very small) which dimples the metal to form a pattern. Both are directed by the G-code to complete a project. Yu can look lower in the posting to find examples of both.
Here is a video on one I built like the easy scriber.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
bLouChipBlacksmith
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: can anyone compare the BossTables scriber to EasyScriber

Post by bLouChipBlacksmith »