Detroit Oxy/Act torch DHC2000

All topics related to mig welding, tig welding, spot welders, flame cutting, etc.
bLouChipBlacksmith
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Detroit Oxy/Act torch DHC2000

Post by bLouChipBlacksmith »

I just returned from PRI trade show; saw a demo of the subject torch, WOW. https://detroittorch.com/
It seems to be a nice unit for welding and cutting, small gauge mostly, but demo'd to cut 0.500" too.
Very small kerf, maybe < 1mm.
$600 unit includes all the accessories and various tips.
It's tempting. Just wondering if anyone has experience with one and can comment on it.
PlasmaDon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Detroit Oxy/Act torch DHC2000

Post by PlasmaDon »

Looks like the Dillon torch.
Ain't gonna put it on a table.
kicktillmonday
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kicktillmonday »

Kind of cool. Looks like a handle from an old pneumatic drill modified to be a cutting torch. Would be handy for certain things but hands are pretty close to the flame and work area.
DIY 4x8 table
Powermax 65
bLouChipBlacksmith
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

The tip I saw demo'd had a small flame/cone, about the size of harris #1 welding tip, or #00 cutting tip. Only 4psi on oxy and act. He did bump the the oxy to 6psi for cutting 1/2" bar. Same tips weld and cut, only diff is for cutting < 1/4" you push the torch at 45 or lower angle because oxy cutting is from a second tip located under the main flame, over 1/4" you drag the torch as second tip is move to extending from above the flame and a more vertical angle is used to drag torch. Due to the low pressures and small flame, not a lot of heat going on. The gun torch seemed easy to handle, I'm not even sure the guy wore gloves, I recall he lit without gloves.
PlasmaDon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaDon »

bLouChipBlacksmith
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

@PlasmaDon- yes, agreed, looks like the same unit. The show price was $600 for the Pro kit. I'm temped to try it, but you need low pressure oxy regulator to dial it in most likely, so break out another $200.

Return to “Mig Welders, Tig Welders, Spot Welders”