Help with Plasma Cam

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
jtindall
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help with Plasma Cam

Post by jtindall »

I ran a Plasma Cam 20 years ago and have been with Arc Light ever since. I took a different job and it has a Plasma Cam. I still remember some of the command but have boarded the struggle bus with some things.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Help with Plasma Cam

Post by cuttinparts »

Welcome to the site. I am not a Pcam user myself so I can be of no help but there are plenty of them here to get you back up to speed. Pcam hardware forum can be found here viewforum.php?f=61 and the software forum can be found here viewforum.php?f=54
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

jtindall wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:14 am I ran a Plasma Cam 20 years ago and have been with Arc Light ever since. I took a different job and it has a Plasma Cam. I still remember some of the command but have boarded the struggle bus with some things.
https://www.490creations.com/products/d ... -mouse-pad
mousepad.jpg
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

I offer free online training via ZOOM.
Joe
Last edited by Joe Jones on Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

jtindall wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:14 am I ran a Plasma Cam 20 years ago and have been with Arc Light ever since. I took a different job and it has a Plasma Cam. I still remember some of the command but have boarded the struggle bus with some things.
You probably used the older PlasmaCAM software. The current software is DesignEdge. It is similar, but different.

Where are you located? Are you able to create designs with the software you are using now, or are you struggling with it?

What sort of things does this current table produce? Art? Or braces and brackets? Do you need help to get up to speed on the software?

Attached to this post, a file that may help you. Open this file first. Then draw in it, or import files into it, etc. F5 will display all of the menus wrapped around the table.

Joe
KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS ON SCREEN PCM.pcm
(12.33 MiB) Downloaded 23 times
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

cuttinparts wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:57 am Welcome to the site. I am not a Pcam user myself so I can be of no help but there are plenty of them here to get you back up to speed. Pcam hardware forum can be found here https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=61 and the software forum can be found here https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=54
These are the best I have seen!!
https://www.youtube.com/c/LearnPlasmacam
learn plasmacam.jpg
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

The amount of help what I have to offer is dependent on which software version you are using (pre 4.0 or not) If your new job has a machine running 3.xx then it is the older software and while a lot is similar, the shortcuts are not the same.

I don't know your location but if you are in the US, I have a 3-day workshop coming up in April (in Tulsa, OK) that your company might want to consider sending you to if you are going to be working with the table a lot. I'm always happy to chat by phone as well. Hopefully you've found some good resources in this thread to get you started on your way!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”