Newbie From AZ

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
ztmckeown
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Newbie From AZ

Post by ztmckeown »

Hello Everyone,
I am a hobbyist welder who wants to start incorporating plasma cutting into the mix. I don't have a budget for a decent plasma table, so I've been researching what it looks like to build my own. I came across this forum because it answered many questions I had, and I thank you all for any future help you may provide. I'm currently looking at picking up a used plasma table and retrofitting my desired microcontroller and THC; I have a bit more homework to do to ensure compatibility.

- Zach
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie From AZ

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, Many DIY types here to help, if you are handy with software you may look into LinuxCNC and Mesa electronics as it may be the cheapest path. There are many different packages using different software and electronics, to a full blown package setup with complete replacements. Do the research so you have the big picture and understand start to finish of the project. You can use the search function in the upper right for a look around, there are a few DIY table builds posted for you to read about. You can use the private messages to contact members with directed questions.
questions.JPG
questions.JPG (34.84 KiB) Viewed 172 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie From AZ

Post by Joe Jones »

CANDCNC advertises in the banners above, and they will set you up with a turnkey cnc system.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”