powermax 125 on a samson 510 table w/ plasmacam??

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
i_r_machinist
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

powermax 125 on a samson 510 table w/ plasmacam??

Post by i_r_machinist »

This is a power plant's machine. Currently running a Powermax 85 on a beefed up Samson 510 table with Design Edge software. We seem to be moving into thicker plate, 1"-1.250". I've hit the duty cycle a few times and had to let the 85 cool down, plus piercing 3/4" is a bitch.
So, I'm looking to bump up to a 125a cutter. Anyone running the full range, 45a finecut to 125a in this kind of setup?
I looked at that sync cut stuff but it looks like the consumables would be much more expensive.
THC problems? Quick change torches from mechanical to hand? (Every handy, I have that setup at home.)
Any information would be helpful,
Thanks in advance
i_r_
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: powermax 125 on a samson 510 table w/ plasmacam??

Post by weldguy »

I have used teh non Sync 125 from 45 amp up to 125 and have had great success with it on sheet metal all the way up to thicker 1" plate. I would not expect you will see any problems with your THC by switching to a 125 however I have no experience with the Sync version. Sounds like the Sync system works well but yes the cost is more, they say it works out that it is not.
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

By power plant I'm assuming 480 3 ph is not a problem as the 125 requires that voltage to run.
i_r_machinist
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by i_r_machinist »

480v is what we run on the 85 machine. I think the microwave in my office is 480 also. The big plus I see on the sync stuff is that it would simplify things for when the welders use the table.
Thanks for the replies!
i_r_
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

I figured as much on the voltage just wanted to cover that base :Like

The 125 does not do the sync version here is the link to the machine:

https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/hypert ... wermax125/

Click on the Buying Info tab to get the options you want then take that number to your favorite purchasing place.

I would do all options (Power supply with CPC port, voltage divider, and serial port) to cover any current or down the road bases)

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”