Buying a new table

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Justinashby
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Buying a new table

Post by Justinashby »

I have owned a plasmacam table for hobby projects for about 12 years. I'm also the shop manager for an HVAC company and we fabricate all of our own ductwork. We have an old vulcan 1005 b table which does a good job for ductwork but not much else. My boss is interested in getting into more ornamental and detailed projects. I like how easy the Design Edge software is to use, but I'm also aware of some of the complaints with plasmacam. I guess my question is there a system that anyone recommends I look into? Any feedback would be great!
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Buying a new table

Post by weldguy »

Since your already familiar with PlasmaCam from your hobby experience and it would do a great job for HVAC and ornamental I would suggest the Samson 5x10.
Justinashby
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Justinashby »

Thanks for the feedback. I've heard its a solid table!
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Justinashby wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:47 am Thanks for the feedback. I've heard its a solid table!
It's pretty much exactly the same as your Plasmacam only larger, so if you were happy with it's build and function, you will be happy with the Samson.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”