Online Meet n' Greet?

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Online Meet n' Greet?

Post by Joe Jones »

Many of you already know that I do free online training for DesignEdge software, by setting up meetings on an agreed date and time. This has always been one-on-one training.

However, I am wondering ... WHAT IF I were to simply open up a ZOOM conference room once per (day? Week?) at a specific time, so that anyone could simply join in?

I would open the conference and release the meeting number and password, and anyone who owns or runs a PlasmaCam table could join in, to observe, or participate, or to ask questions, or offer hints and tricks, etc. You could join via your PC, and even screen share your DesignEdge screen, or just pop in with an iPad or a smart phone.

TWO screens works best, because you can view your DesignEdge software in full screen mode on one monitor, while viewing the "shared" DesignEdge screen of another participant, on another monitor.

We could do a 60 minute, or 90 minute meeting on a predetermined schedule, and work on designs, or software issues, or learning the tools, or just hanging out! We can all brainstorm ways to "MAKE MONEY IN METAL ART!" :lol:

Webcams are not mandatory, however some of you may wish to put your smiling faces up on screen, while others may not want to be seen. That is fine! To each, his own. A microphone is good. You can use a nice desktop mic, or the mic in a webcam (without turning on the video)

What would be a good time for such a "regular" meeting online? A weekday evening, after dinner time? Sunday afternoons? Saturday mornings? Maybe we could set up two different conferences in a week's time, one held in the evening and catering to the 9 to 5 worker, while the other might be better held mid-day, for the stay-at-home types.

Maybe a group email for spontaneous get togethers ...? An email could be sent out to notify you of an upcoming meeting, with the date and time. NO group texts, PLEASE! Ding! Ding! Ding! :-?

I'd like to hear from you. What time(s) would work BEST for you? Keep in mind that I am in the CENTRAL time zone. 9:00 PM in New York is 6:00 PM in California.

There would be no charge for this, of course. I pay for the ZOOM conference rooms, and I do not charge for my time online in a situation like this. I do this for FUN!

It used to be roller rinks. Then it was the drive-ins. Then we hung out at Bob's Big Boy on 'Cruise Night.' We went through the CB Radio phase, we did the BBS systems ...even with all of this Internet magic, people are LESS CONNECTED TODAY than ever before. I want to change that!

You would need to download the ZOOM DESKTOP CLIENT and install it onto your PC in order for this to work best. You CAN join a conference via a browser, but that creates problems when you need to go to another site to look for something, or answer an email, or whatever. It tends to have people fall out of conferences.

Get back to me with your thoughts. I would be glad to start up something like this!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”