Control issue moves left when initialized

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
MR.W
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Control issue moves left when initialized

Post by MR.W »

I have a older PlasmaCam we haven't had much trouble it till now.We used it on day and it worked all day just fine we shut everything down as normal. We fired it up the next day and It goes threw the initialization just fine but then it wants to just tram to the left like it has a stuck switch or relay. I looked at the DIAG screen and it shows that the left travel button is active. anyone run into this before?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Control issue

Post by weldguy »

Likely a stuck left button on your control console. Have heard of those going bad before, hopefully you can simple get yours working.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

MR.W wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:00 pm I have a older PlasmaCam we haven't had much trouble it till now.We used it on day and it worked all day just fine we shut everything down as normal. We fired it up the next day and It goes threw the initialization just fine but then it wants to just tram to the left like it has a stuck switch or relay. I looked at the DIAG screen and it shows that the left travel button is active. anyone run into this before?
If your left jog button is stuck, then try pushing it a few times to see if it frees up. If not, then depending on the particular model of your controller - a replacement keypad may be available directly from Plasmacam. Or - you can unplug your keypad from the controller and control the table via your computer keyboard.

David
keypad.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

MR.W
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MR.W »

Thanks everyone It is a stuck left key I didn't think of unplugging the XY key pad but as soon as I did the problem went away. Bad thing is PC dose not service my machine anymore and the one key pad I found they want 700.00 doll hair's for it
weldguy

Re: Control issue moves left when initialized

Post by weldguy »

Well at least it was a simple problem and a simple find. Maybe there is a way you can repair it. One of these Pcam guys will likley know if that is a possibility.
MR.W
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MR.W »

I warmed the face plate up with a heat gun and it all works now I hate those blister buttons.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Great!

Even if you are using old software that's not supported, you can still order parts from the owner's community forum or by calling them as long as the machine is registered in your name.

Replacing just the control pad which is available separately will not cause a problem with software version like sending the controller in for repair would.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”