premier plasma

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Mesquite
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

premier plasma

Post by Mesquite »

hello everyone, I would love to hear everyones thoughts on Premier Plasma. We have an old Burntables and we don't want to get burnt again!! Our system is so old we were told that we couldn't update it without spending about 12000 dollars.
Dirtmotor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: premier plasma

Post by Dirtmotor »

I have their 4x4 turn key flat top table and after a long learning curve on my part am very happy with it . I have had a few problems but their support was good to deal with . For the money not a bad table . Plus the soft ware is not proprietary like some .I do wish they offered linear rails . Would I buy it again after using it for three years ? Knowing what I know now I think I would find one that at least has linear rails ...
Mesquite
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Mesquite »

Thanks for your feedback Dirtmotor. I think we will get the 4x8 turnkey
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Mesquite wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:46 pm hello everyone, I would love to hear everyones thoughts on Premier Plasma. We have an old Burntables and we don't want to get burnt again!! Our system is so old we were told that we couldn't update it without spending about 12000 dollars.
12,000? You must have asked the wrong place. We have upgraded dozens of Burntables units . 50% of the probelm is their controller and single knob THC while the other 50% is mechanical. You can resolve the first 50% for about 3500 including new higher torque motors , new controller with DTHC , new Computer and new software (licensed) What you spend on the mechanical is a function of how good you want your cuts.

It needs at the least a better Z axis and torch holder . The "rails" are just angle iron with poor / no hold down force but gravity so the higher speeds you get with better electronics and motors, causes gantry wobble with direction changes .

Still, 12,000 is way over what you could do it for .

A lot depends on what you want to use it for. If its to make money or for commercial work I would caution you to conciser something out of the hobby grade .
Mesquite
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Mesquite »

Thanks tcaudle I look forward to discussing this project with you

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”