Need Someone for a ZOOM Meeting Experiment!

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Need Someone for a ZOOM Meeting Experiment!

Post by Joe Jones »

I am setting up online training via ZOOM very soon. I need someone who has some time, to TEST the system to make sure it will work as expected.

You would need a PC with either two screens, or two PCs (one tower, one laptop?) and a mic and speakers, or a headset.

you would need to download the Zoom Workplace desktop app onto your PC.

https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

You might also install the Zoom Extension for Browsers

Zoom does not allow simultaneous screen sharing, so the way this works is, you come into the Zoom meeting I set up , and you ALSO join the meeting as an "observer" using your browser on the same PC or another PC or laptop, or even an iPad.

In this way, you will view your DesignEdge software in full screen mode as normal, and you will also be able to view MY software in full screen mode on the second monitor.

I have not worked out the "bugs" yet, but all I need is a little testing to get things set up right.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
plasmanewbie

Re: Need Someone for a ZOOM Meeting Experiment!

Post by plasmanewbie »

I would be in to try Joe but I run off my laptop, no extra screen, no bells an whistles.
Joe Jones

Re: Need Someone for a ZOOM Meeting Experiment!

Post by Joe Jones »

plasmanewbie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:20 am I would be in to try Joe but I run off my laptop, no extra screen, no bells an whistles.
Hi, and thank you. I know that ZOOM works well for one screen. The issue is that ZOOM will not allow two (or more) meeting participants to simultaneously share their PC screens. I don't know WHY this is an issue, since all participants can broadcast their WEBCAMS simultaneously. However, when it comes to screen sharing, ZOOM restricts the meeting to ONE screen shared at a time.

This is really frustrating. I don't need to see a bunch of smiling faces in ZOOM. I need to see the PC screens of the participants, all together, all at once, all lined up on the screen like The Brady Bunch! Then I can watch each participant to see if they are doing the things I am teaching.

It is too frustrating to stop a meeting and say, "Everyone look at Tom's screeen..." and then "Now everyone look at my screen ..." What a PITA!

There ARE apps that replace a webcam image with a PC screen view, but it is too low-res to be useful.

I do not know WHY ZOOM cannot let you come into a room and share your screen in a LIST of shared screens, so that any person on the room can click on any other participant's screen to view it at any time. It SEEMS simple enough to set up!

Today, I am going to set up three computers in my house and drag them all into a ZOOM meeting, to try to figure out a way around this most irritating limitation. :-x

Joe

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”