corner jig

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
TLJC
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

corner jig

Post by TLJC »

Hello everyone,
It seems I am doing more and more jobs that require cutting holes and slots in flat bar, angle iron, tubing, beams and channels. Does anybody else ever do this? Has anybody used a corner jig to do this kinda work? I am thinking of building one, and I thought I would see if anyone had any tips or ideas.
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: corner jig

Post by boodog710 »

TLJC, I have a couple of customers I cut holes, ovals and other things in flatbars, angles , channels and plates. I installed a "t-square" in the edge if the table. The corner is the 00 position that my torch homes to. So I use the corner as a guide to be able to locate the cuts. I also put it on hinges so when I change the slats I can simply raise it up out of the way. It is also square to the end of the table which is useful.

Jack

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Bigrhamr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bigrhamr »

The hinge is a great idea. I always have some cobbled up thing clamped on that's in the way when loading heavy plates and has to come off for cleaning. Thanks for posting that.
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

Use a pc of thick material and cut the profile in it. Then just lay it on the grid and you can cut multiple pcs.. I will see if I can get a pic later today.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”