Grounding Issue??? - Hoby Plaz 1000

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
bob49
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Grounding Issue??? - Hoby Plaz 1000

Post by bob49 »

I'm just getting finished setting up a new diy 4x4 table, It is new to the market and i bought the second one sold after prototype. It's called a Hobby Plaz 1000 . Did my first test cuts today and over all it's working great,still needs some tweaks.
I must have ran 30 dry runs before i got my torch wired to controller and every one went without a hitch. When i tried my first test cuts i noticed the computer acting funny,different windows opening that i did not call up and even a program shut down, by the way using mach3,sheetcam and delta cad, quick cad for drawing. Anyway, many computer issues after starting of the torch. I'm wondering if it a grounding issue as my controller is temp on a wooden table,monitor sitting on metal swing table attached to cutting table and wires hither and yaw. i put some jumper grounds to controller case,table and torch. this seemed to immediately help buts till a few computer glitches that i didn't have before firing torch, which is a td cut master 82. I do some tig welding and I'm aware of what HI Freq. can do so not sure what my problem is. I'll bet one of you pros have been threw this before. sure could use some advise. thanks Bob
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Grounding Issue???

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Take a look at CandCnc web site in his online manuals there is a section dedicated to table grounding, it may be specific for his controls, may help with yours. Did your machine come with setup instructions or any tips on table layout? If this is a new machine i would be in touch with the seeler, being a new desighn you may have found a problem the manufacture is not aware of. Any idea what plasma they used on their proto type? If the seller cant resole this it may be a bad sighn for future sales for them. Just my $.02 worth
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

What is the distance from your torch to ur controller and cumputter. I had a bit of windows gremlins till I separated the distance from the torch and haven't had a problem since--easy fix.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
bob49
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by bob49 »

I was thinking it might be a distance from comp. to torch...my plasma power source was sitting on a stand near computer at same height as well, good idea thanks Bob
bob49
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by bob49 »

yup that was it.... post for newbies- keep your plasma power source as far from computer/controler as possable

thanks guys Bob
pony
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by pony »

I run a thermal dynamics A60 and have it at the opposite side of my table from my computer. So far I have not had any problems.

I also have a cheap Japanese made 50 amp plasma cutter (CutMaster) that uses a high frequency start. I don't use this on my table, just in the workshop. My workshop houses my two well pressure tanks and also my water irrigation controllers in a small well room. If the door to the well room is open and I use the cheap plasma cutter nearby it will set off a sprinkler head in the orchard! I had my welder on the pickup bed parked out there and nearly ruined it with all the water. I was able to repeat having the sprinkler fire when I used the cheap cutter.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”