Hypertherm 65

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
The Rusty Texan
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Hypertherm 65

Post by The Rusty Texan »

How thick of material are you guys cutting with this machine? The manual says up to 1" . But what will it cut comfortably?
Millermatic 212
Burntable 4x8
Hypertherm 65
Therustytexan.com
fredfox
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm 65

Post by fredfox »

I have a Powermax 85 and 1 inch is pushing it with short duty cycle, need to run it real slow to get a good cut, that is why I put a 1650 on my table, edge start 1.25 is not to hard to do and it will cut all day.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm 65

Post by jimcolt »

All of the Hypertherm Powermax systems above 30 amps have a suggested "Pierce Thickness" rating. That is the thickness than can be pierced (following proper pierce procedures which include pierce height, pierce delay times as listed in the operators manual) without damage to the torch consumable parts.

The Powermax65 is rated for piercing 5/8"......and that is the rating that the machine is expected to provide good quality mechanized cuts at it's rated duty cycle. You can edge start on materials thicker than 5/8" and get beautiful cuts.....but because of the required higher arc voltage (longer arc) the duty cycle will be reduced based on thickness. Not to worry....all of the Hypertherm units will simply stop cutting if the duty cycle is exceeded....and will re-allow cutting when internal components have adequately cooled.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

The Rusty Texan wrote:How thick of material are you guys cutting with this machine? The manual says up to 1" . But what will it cut comfortably?

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”