A big help for Mach 3 and Sheetcam newby's

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

A big help for Mach 3 and Sheetcam newby's

Post by muzza »

While trying to sort out and get my head around some set up drama's, thanks to google I came accross these helpful training videos thanks to Arclight Dynamics. The video order sequence is not quite right but a huge help, my tables now cutting what I want, where I want. Even a video showing how to restart after an E stop.
http://arclightcnc.com/training.html
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: A big help for Mach 3 and Sheetcam newby's

Post by WSS »

Thats Scotts stuff, he was a huge help to me too when we started. Those vids were enough to get my nose pointed in the right direction for sure. I have been using mach3 for about four months now, getting used to it and starting to like it.

Glad to hear you are up and running. Did you do a kit and have the usual "can't understand a thing in this manual" issues? Boy, I did.

Cheers,
WSS
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

I know what you mean by the manual, recon I've read every word about a dozen or more times. When I wrote manuals a few years back, I used to hand it to my receptionist and get her to read and work through it. That way I knew if she figured it out then it was well explained. Bit of a sticky situation writing manuals, much harder than many realize. You need to have the knowledge to do it but having that knowledge means that you often dont realiize the person reading isn't as conversant with the subject matter as maybe they should be or are assumed to be.
Bigger problems I had were that I purchased a smaller setup to modify (read remake) that was basically new in that it was unused but I think was unused because it's predecessor had problems getting it going. Being on the other side of the world meant I was getting up in the middle of our nighttime to converse with Tom with back and forth emails. Turned out a motor had been fried which Tom sent me another one but waiting time in shipping was frustrating and then we determined a gecko drive was also fried. Once I had the table jogging I had it cutting that night but I did find the videos above made a lot more sense to me in understanding what the manual was saying.

Also didn't help that one of the parcels (with the computer, software and manuals) went missing for a month, did turn up the day after I purchased another computer on ebay and I installed the demo software.

Still got a few bugs but I'm sure I'll iron them out soon.

Murray
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Thanks for the link!
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by trucks1948 »