Used Plasma Tables - Plasma Cam

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Used Plasma Tables - Plasma Cam

Post by tnbndr »

I have begun searching for a plasma table for my garage. Seem to be coming across a lot of Plasma CAM DHC 4'x4' tables used.
One that is close to me was new in 2006 and comes with table and software and asking $4500. Is this a fair price? They will set it up to run, but what do I look for as far as wear, etc.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Used Plasma Tables

Post by jimcolt »

The PlasmaCam machine that is most desirable is the DHC2.....has some iumportant features that the DHC does not have that dramatically improve cut quality and consumable life. You can buy a brand new PlasmaCam with advanced height control (this option is a must have) for around $11k.

Jim Colt
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

Jim:
Thanks for the response. I realize I can buy newer and better for more money. However, the budget is limited at this point, probably $7K max. I guess my question is if I can get an older table is it worth it or am I better off waiting till I can afford something better?
So with the Plasma CAM the latest is the DHC2 and what version of software as I have read that is improved also.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Miller 215 MultiMatic
pony
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by pony »

When I first put my 'toe in the water' I bought a new Torchmate 2x2.
I upgraded it last year to a 2x4. Later that year I added THC. Then I built my own 2x4 water table.
Yesterday I ordered the upgrade to the 4x4 with the Torchmate water table. Woo-Hoo!

I'm sure in the long run it cost more to do it this way, but funds were limited and incremental purchases were easier to manage on my budget.
ornametals
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ornametals »

dennis, if you find a dhc in good shape you can upgrade the system to a dhc2 this an option plasmacam called me about. i have been thinking about doing it. has anyone made this upgrade? this maybe a choice to get you going and make a later investment with the upgrade after you make some money since you have a budget you need to work with.
twicecustom
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by twicecustom »

Heres the way I look at it, Get what you can afford now, used is fine.. Use it for a while, make some money, and save up for bigger/better. You can always sell it after you are done with it. Plus that way, you can see small things that may make it easier to do the job and look for them addons in the newer one you will purchase down the road.
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Benjiman
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

@ornametals: I talked with Plasma CAM today. They say that I cannot upgrade the DHC to a DHC2 in regards to the Advance height control but I could upgrade the software to the Design Edge at a cost of $2000.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Miller 215 MultiMatic
ornametals
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ornametals »

my misunderstanding. but that was the price they they quoted me.
stdave66
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by stdave66 »

I went with used plasmacam DHC a couple years ago (wrote of this on another thread once). I got the whole system the guy had including compressor, all ductwork under table, small parts drawer, blower fan, ducting, Hypertherm 1250, some consumables, art disks, intuit 3 tablet, long cable for the plasma, and delivery, and still had $3500 in my pocket instead of buying a new DHC2---table only!
Would I like to have a DHC2? Sure, but to get started I bought this package and still saved money, and can still make great products.
Go used, and get a Cadillac later...If you need one...and one of these days DHC2's will start showing up for sale used.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”