True hole technololgy - Hypertherm - CNC Router

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
chris hoggard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

True hole technololgy - Hypertherm - CNC Router

Post by chris hoggard »

Hi there first an introduction the name is Chris located in alberta canada , we have a small fab shop and have been looking at buying a new CNC plasma and i have a couple of questions I hope some one can give there opinions or technical knowledge.

1. I have been doing some research in to the true Hole technology from Hypertherm which i am sure you all know about and from my understanding the equipment that causes that process to happen is all hypertherms, however as i read the literature it would appear that there are some requirements for this to be effective in regards to table movement etc , which is more to do with the platform that the torch and system is mounted to.(am I out to lunch or have I misinterpreted)

2. we have a CNC router that is a multicam 7000, I am being told by them that thay are the only company licenced from Hypertherm to have true hole technology on there platform if anybody could shed some light on this that would be great I feel that we are being button holes by them and find this hard to believe.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: True hole technololgy

Post by jimcolt »

True Hole....which is a patented integrated plasma process that uses the correct equipment (Plasma, height control, cnc machine, cnc control and CAM software) to make holes in steel that are round (top and bottom) and have little or no taper. Most cnc plasma machine manufacturers use Hypertherm Plasma, height control, cnc control and CAM software (CAM solutions ProNest, formerly known as MTC Software) to make this process work....as Hypertherm invented it and holds the patents. The process must be used on high performance machine designs that have superior motion (acceleration at all speed ranges in excess of 40 miligees) and have no mechanical backlash.

Hypertherm has licensed the technology to a few companies, and MultiCam is one of them, that have worked with our engineers to ensure the process is adapted to work on their equipment. I do not know if your particular machine is compatible....that question would have to be answered by MultiCam.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about this process.....it is a dramatic development in high definition class hole quality with plasma.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

chris hoggard wrote:Hi there first an introduction the name is Chris located in alberta canada , we have a small fab shop and have been looking at buying a new CNC plasma and i have a couple of questions I hope some one can give there opinions or technical knowledge.

1. I have been doing some research in to the true Hole technology from Hypertherm which i am sure you all know about and from my understanding the equipment that causes that process to happen is all hypertherms, however as i read the literature it would appear that there are some requirements for this to be effective in regards to table movement etc , which is more to do with the platform that the torch and system is mounted to.(am I out to lunch or have I misinterpreted)

2. we have a CNC router that is a multicam 7000, I am being told by them that thay are the only company licenced from Hypertherm to have true hole technology on there platform if anybody could shed some light on this that would be great I feel that we are being button holes by them and find this hard to believe.
chris hoggard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by chris hoggard »

Jim,
Thanks for the reply, my plan is not to try and modify my router but to buy another machine however i do not want to use multicam here simply as we have had a bad experience with service and no fulfilling there obligations , who else has hypertherm licenced to use that technology . thanks chris
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

On the Hypertherm website under the tab "where to buy" are listings for all of the OEM cnc machine builders and their capabilities. There is a column labeled True Hole that indicates those that have the technology enabled on their machines.

Here is a link to that location on the site: http://www.hypertherm.com/en/Products/W ... turers.jsp

Best regards, Jim Colt

chris hoggard wrote:Jim,
Thanks for the reply, my plan is not to try and modify my router but to buy another machine however i do not want to use multicam here simply as we have had a bad experience with service and no fulfilling there obligations , who else has hypertherm licenced to use that technology . thanks chris
chris hoggard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by chris hoggard »

Thankd for that Jim thats exactly what i needed Chris

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”