Jim need an expert - DHC

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
sundrop45
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Jim need an expert - DHC

Post by sundrop45 »

Puking & rubbing it in my hair, on my DHC I'am using the Hypertherm 600 with original hand torch, cutting 20-12 gauge material using fine cut parts, swirl ring 220332, deflector 120303, nozzle 220330, electrode 120574. Machine will not maintain pierce height after following set up procedure. I can get it to cut 2-3' then it dives into material and burns out electrode & nozzle. Ran machine diagnostics as per tutorial video all checked good except when checking Torch Control voltage reading on diagnostics, screen reads 0.0 volts. Checked trigger control box torched fired and reads 8.5 volts. Should I be using ohmic retaining cap 220061 & machine shield 120930 or does one thing have any thing to do with the other.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Jim need an expert

Post by jimcolt »

If your machine is a DHC (not DHC2) then the Ohmic cap will not do anything for you. Sounds like something in the height control is either not set correctly...or is malfunctioning. Is the height control even working? Do a cut with the plate tilted up......and watch to see if the torch follows the plate. If the torch does not...then I suggest contacting PlasmaCam tech service to troubleshoot.

My PlasmaCam is a DHC2.....a different machine than the DHC from many perspectives.

Jim Colt

sundrop45 wrote:Puking & rubbing it in my hair, on my DHC I'am using the Hypertherm 600 with original hand torch, cutting 20-12 gauge material using fine cut parts, swirl ring 220332, deflector 120303, nozzle 220330, electrode 120574. Machine will not maintain pierce height after following set up procedure. I can get it to cut 2-3' then it dives into material and burns out electrode & nozzle. Ran machine diagnostics as per tutorial video all checked good except when checking Torch Control voltage reading on diagnostics, screen reads 0.0 volts. Checked trigger control box torched fired and reads 8.5 volts. Should I be using ohmic retaining cap 220061 & machine shield 120930 or does one thing have any thing to do with the other.
sundrop45
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by sundrop45 »

Thanks for the reply Jim my frustration level was at 10+ when I posted that. Was able to get up with George @ P.C. today and will make the changes he suggested tomorrow. Dealt with him back about 4 years ago when I first bought the DHC and was a big help then also.
Have a question about a post I read somewhere saying when using fine cut consumables on a mechanical cutting set up stay with the 40 amp swirl ring and not use the fine cut swirl ring, is this the case.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The special FineCut swirl ring is only for certain hand cutting applications....it should not be used for mechanized cutting.

sundrop45 wrote:Thanks for the reply Jim my frustration level was at 10+ when I posted that. Was able to get up with George @ P.C. today and will make the changes he suggested tomorrow. Dealt with him back about 4 years ago when I first bought the DHC and was a big help then also.
Have a question about a post I read somewhere saying when using fine cut consumables on a mechanical cutting set up stay with the 40 amp swirl ring and not use the fine cut swirl ring, is this the case.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”