new to this , did 1st job on used 5x10

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
dana
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

new to this , did 1st job on used 5x10

Post by dana »

just wanted to thank all the members for some great ideas , been cnc machinist and programmer over 25 year

started a weld & fab and paint & body shop after wife died of cancer 2 years ago, been a struggle in obamma economy

got a lot repeat customers , restore anything , got 37 chevy and 71 chevy plus couple bikes , make lot of bbq pits

did one 16 ft w/ roof and all painted bright red for knights of columbus , cost 14,000 $ still did not make a lot $

but get free bbq for life lol, local gate company sold me this machine for 5k , seems to work ok , still learning

got used 5 x 10 with miller plasma , computer with wincam and turbo cad and had lot of designs

first job was 90 pcs park grills for local rv park , they like bears had rv park name cut out with 1 momma bear

and 2 babys following on top of back

again thank y'all , learned a lot by reading posts

dana holbrook owner
onalaska metal art works & lakeside auto & marine llc
359 n fm 356
onalaska texas 77360
dana
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: new to this , did 1st job on used 5x10

Post by dana »

i did set these grills up to swivel 360 degree , i remember at state park trying to grill with wind blowing ,

and anybody local i have down draft spray booth , set up with 4 gas heaters to powder coat , bout any thing

also got bead and sandblasters , enjoy working with local craftsmen , dana
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

nice grill! Thanks for sharing, sounds like things are going awesome.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

Very nice!! Glad the biz is working out for you!! Also sounds like ya got all the bases covered :D

Wish I was closer :mrgreen:
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
metalart
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by metalart »

Welcome :) , nice work :D . Look forward to seeing more! :P
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

I can smell the BBQ ribs. Glad to hear you're making $ as we pull out of the worst recession since the Great Depression.

Dave Hanks
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Awesome work. To me there is nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done
dana
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dana »

thank y'all for nice comments ,

i really enjoy this site , you have true metal artist posting ,i have done blueing and blacking on steel and steel alloys i have seen some really neat metal finishing on here , look foward learning new skills here , really enjoy seeing finished product , most time in arms , oilfield and areospace ind , never see were the parts go

i have drilled , milled , turned , tapped , and threaded steel most of life , machined enough berlinium at ball brothers reasearch and williams international , that i had to leave , been overexposed to to many rads ,crossed picket lines at williams for 7 years , but somebody has to make nuke bombs , and what did i get for all my troubles , free health ins for life , i am a machinist got years on mills , lathes , boring vtls , so i know virtual gibbs , and mastercam
and really good at mazak mazitrol intagrex , i know my g-codes

next challange is to try to interface a hass 6" chuck rotary w/ tail stock to this practical cnc table
and figure how to post out with virtual gibbs

heard they went out of business at practical , i did a lot of rotary milling and ingraving on mills
i have 16" chuck lablond with tracer attachment and bridgeport mill ,i can make some neat toppers for gate posts

want to cut out letters on pipe up to 12" dia , so i can make some gates like jib cranes with taper bearings on top and rollars on bottom , i live on lake livingston north of houston , could sell some gates with horses , deer .etc
set up with solar power , the gates at my shop , i have two 14 ft long set up and you can push open with finger

again thank y'all , if i use any of shared dxfs , i will thank you , and will share all i make

dana holbrook owner onalaska metal art works

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”