DXF Import to FlashCut.... Error Messages....Request Advice

General software related questions should be posted here.
large_time
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

DXF Import to FlashCut.... Error Messages....Request Advice

Post by large_time »

Well, I drew up a gussett in Rhino 3D and saved it as a .DXF and then went to garage thinking I could upload it....

Not the case, Flashcut took one look at it and said to make sure I was uploading a .DXF file.

So, Maybe you can't just draw connected lines and a project to scale and save it... I know I am missing a link here.... Some step that I am missing.

Anyone mind taking a look at my file and seeing what the deal is...

I'm using Flashcut version 1.... and the trial version of Rhino 3D.

I didnt want to post this up in the file sharing section because I may be a long long way off from sharing good stuff!
Attachments
LargeTime_Gusset.dxf
(30.24 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Large Time Fabrication

WWW.Facebook.com/LargeTimeFab

"Life is Short, Live it Large"
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: DXF Import to FlashCut.... Error Messages....Request Advice

Post by jmsrbrt »

Problem maybe you used Rhino 3D? It's a 2D file obviously, but the LT comes across as a "group". Maybe un-group it and then try saving again???
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
large_time
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: DXF Import to FlashCut.... Error Messages....Request Advice

Post by large_time »

jmsrbrt wrote:Problem maybe you used Rhino 3D? It's a 2D file obviously, but the LT comes across as a "group". Maybe un-group it and then try saving again???

Good thinking... I was too busy cutting today to look into it.... I give it a whirl this evening.

I searched around a bit on the internet and couldnt find much info on it... seems that the good posts are all linked to a flashcut site forum that is not avaliable.

I am sure Flashcut help desk will help me sort it out on Monday, but Im more of a fix it and learn it on the trip kind of guy... I learned a lot today about my program by switching parameters around and watched what happened.

Thanks!
Large Time Fabrication

WWW.Facebook.com/LargeTimeFab

"Life is Short, Live it Large"

Return to “General Discussion”