Help with logo

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
tomloewen
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Help with logo

Post by tomloewen »

I'm hoping someone can convert this logo to dxf. Target dia. is 36"
The problem is that the resolution isn't the best.
Thanks,
Tom
ponoka.jpg
ponoka f&g.jpg
ponk.svg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help with logo

Post by ben de lappe »

I attempted to increase the resolution of this image to offer something a little better to work with at least but was not successful. Went online searching for a better image but the one I found on their website faired no better. Nor do they seem to have a facebook page. Unfortunately this one falls into the 'hand trace only' category for raster to vector conversion. If I weren't so far behind in my work I'd be glad to draw something up, however this one would take me a minute to make into what I wanted it to be.
Ponoka_PS.jpg

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Here is the Inkscape auto trace result using the image Ben provided. I agree that hand trace would produce the best result. Perhaps I misunderstood Ben when he said it would take him a minute to do it. It would take me much longer than that.
David
Inkscape auto trace result.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Ponoka auto trace.dxf

ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

Yes David, it would take me a considerable amount of time to work my magic on this one. If it only took me a minute I'd have it done. Here in the south "take me a minute" means a good while. Oppose that with "a hot minute" which means really quick. :HaHa
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

ben de lappe wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:51 pm Yes David, it would take me a considerable amount of time to work my magic on this one. If it only took me a minute I'd have it done. Here in the south "take me a minute" means a good while. Oppose that with "a hot minute" which means really quick. :HaHa
:Like :Like :Like
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

ben de lappe wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:51 pm Yes David, it would take me a considerable amount of time to work my magic on this one. If it only took me a minute I'd have it done. Here in the south "take me a minute" means a good while. Oppose that with "a hot minute" which means really quick. :HaHa
:HaHa :HaHa :HaHa
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

If I were to spend the time to recreate this one, I would draw the circles/rings and letters from scratch and use the B-Spline tool in CorelDraw to hand trace the interior feature of the part. I generally do the tracing with CorelDraw, then import to Inkscape to add the rings and text. Then save as dxf and open with Design Edge to check to see how it will cut. I expect that Ben would probably do the whole thing with TMCad, or maybe CorelDraw for practice using a newer (to him) program.

As shown in the image, it would need to be a layered piece. Otherwise - some creative editing would be need to keep all the pieces together when cut. How that might be accomplished may depend on the particular end result the OP has in mind.

David
Inkscape auto trace result.jpg

Last edited by adbuch on Sun May 12, 2024 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

You are correct David, and like you said recreating this piece with the shape tool is the way to go. Drawing a shape to a specific size whether it be circle, oval, rectangle etc. is way quicker than auto tracing and straightening the result. Plus, the part I really like is that the shape will be perfect. No toying with nodes eliminating flat spots and such, jut nice and clean the way I like it. :Yay

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”