DHC2 support

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
branstan1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

DHC2 support

Post by branstan1 »

Good morning,
I have been trying to assist our local high school with getting kids interested in a trade/skilled labor. I have recently found out that they have DHC2 PlasmaCam table with Design Edge software for about 10 years. There is no one left at the school that knows anything about it. The new teacher is trying to get it running and asked me for assistance since I run an automation equipment build shop with CNC machines. When I got there to help, he had cut out a couple stars. However, on the next star the plasma head attempted to drive through the table. He stated that this was the problem he has been seeing. Seems like it might work a time or two and then drive through the table. I had never used/seen one, but I played with it for a bit. Basically started with just a new circle path thinking that maybe settings on saved patterns all messed up. Same results. They do not have any manuals. I told them I would see what I could find out on the internet. That is where I came across this forum. I am thinking that I should set back to factory defaults, and start from scratch. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Sure would be cool to see the kids faces when they are cutting their final exam out of sheet metal :)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DHC2 support

Post by adbuch »

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

branstan1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:40 am However, on the next star the plasma head attempted to drive through the table. He stated that this was the problem he has been seeing. Seems like it might work a time or two and then drive through the table.
You need to autocalibrate your thc. Before cutting, open Settings, Height Control and check the boxes as shown below.
calibrate thc.jpg
Make sure your settings for cutting speed, pierce height, cut height, pierce delay time are correct for the material and material thickness you are cutting. Also make sure your plasma cutter is set to the correct amperage for your material thickness. Draw a straight line about 8" long, create your cut path, and do a text cut. If you pause your cut part way thru the line, you can physically measure your cut height to make sure it agrees with your software setting. Let us know if you have other questions.

David
branstan1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by branstan1 »

Good morning,

Thank you very much for the assistance. I will try this.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

I have some YouTube videos that can help get you going. Link in my signature - look for the Settings Q&A as well as the first two Learning Series videos I did.

I also have a workshop every spring that I've had many high school instructors from across the country attend over the years. The state of Oklahoma has had me do an in-service for their teachers 5 of the past 6 years.

Let me know if I can help - my contact info is in my signature!
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Where are you located Branstan1?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
branstan1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by branstan1 »

Good morning,

We are located in Southern Illinois. Maybe around 4 hours from Franklin.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I could arrange to drive up to help you get this table up and running if you are interested.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”