Problem with Huawei Smart Cut 2200

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
brix
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Problem with Huawei Smart Cut 2200

Post by brix »

Hello from Croatia, I'm a new to plasma cutting and I recently bought this plasma cutter table. I'm having trouble getting it to cut. The torch moves to the start point and pierces, but then stays there firing and doesn't move. When I do a dry run, it follows the pattern. Help please!
Igor
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Problem with Huawei Smart Cut 2200

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome to the fun world of CNC plasma, it sounds like you are not getting the Arc OK signal from you plasma cutter. Or the software is not setup to see it by the controller electronics. A dry run is not looking for that signal and that is why it will follow the pattern. It is normal so you can run a G-code without cutting as a test to see how the table will move.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by DieselFumes »

I am with Tom, look to see if your plasma cutter outputs a OK to move signal, and how your cnc table works with that and you may find your issue.
brix
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by brix »

Thanks guys for your quick reply but today I opened the lid of the electronic box and I think I found the error, as the Photo shows. THC has suffered damage. I have already contacted the manufacturer. I'm curious to see how he reacts.
IMG_20240522_100500.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Well that is disappointing. Beside the burn marks I see where the input voltage for the THC comes is. Clearly it is expecting a 50:1 input voltage and if you are bringing in RAW 1"1 arc voltage that will cook it as shown. I would unplug the 50:1 input plug and hook a multi meter up to the 2 leads. Fire the torch and see what kind of DC voltage your getting at that plug. Should be under 5 vdc. If you see 90vdc or above, you have RAW 1:1 voltage coming in and you may get lucky and connect those RAW voltage leads to the 1:1 plug directly below the 50:1 input, move the jumper clip near the burned area from 50:1 to 1:1 and the THC may still function.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”